APIs & Integrations

brianjlowry
Top colaborador(a)

Can't replace a deleted workflow extension with the same name

resolver

Hi,

We made a mistake in the URL of the two workflow extensions that we created. We then deleted them both and tried to add them again with the new URLs. It's preventing us from adding anything with the same extension name (which we really want to use) even though we have no active extensions (they show up with a deletedAt date). If we'd know that was going to happen, we just would have updated it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
cbarley
Solução
Alunos da HubSpot
Alunos da HubSpot

resolver

Hey @brianjlowry , looks like we don't have anything in the API publicly facing for an event like this, but I could do something manual to get things working. Is your ideal world undeleting an older version, or would you rather I just purge your old extension and have you create a new one?

Can you also please respond with your App ID?

Exibir solução no post original

10 Respostas 10
yeti_t
Membro

resolver

@IvanGil , @Hanta , @Oscar1@dennisedson, @WendyGoh Sorry to bother you. You guys were tagged in another thread related to the automations api I was in, so I hopped someone might be able to help.

We need help to "undelete"/"unarchive" one of our workflow action defintions. This is a definiton that is about a year old and is currently being used by customers. The app ID is: `190202` and the workflow action definition ID is: `1163`.

If someone could help us out, it would be greatly appreciated! I have tried a few things with the public api before finding this thread. I also have attempted to contact support to get their help.

Again sorry to bother and let me know if you can/cannot help us!

0 Avaliação positiva
yeti_t
Membro

resolver

Update, it appears that this is resolved. Not sure who did it on your end, but thank you!

0 Avaliação positiva
cbarley
Alunos da HubSpot
Alunos da HubSpot

resolver

Hi @brianjlowry , you should still be able to update those Workflow Definitions by following the steps in the "Update a workflow extension definition". The DELETE method just removes your extnension as an option for folks that use your app: 

"Deleting a workflow extension definition results in removing it as an option in your users’ workflows. The custom actions that were created remain in the workflows, but contacts enrolled in the workflow will skip those actions."

If you update the workflow definition, you can still use the same name and this will act as your "new" extension that your customers can use. You just need to specify a version, latestVersion, and id property in your PUT request.

0 Avaliação positiva
brianjlowry
Top colaborador(a)

resolver

Hi again @cbarley,

Right, we've already deleted them. Is there a way to undelete through the update call? Can we null out the deletedAt field or something else?

To be clear, no clients are using this yet.

Thanks!

0 Avaliação positiva
cbarley
Solução
Alunos da HubSpot
Alunos da HubSpot

resolver

Hey @brianjlowry , looks like we don't have anything in the API publicly facing for an event like this, but I could do something manual to get things working. Is your ideal world undeleting an older version, or would you rather I just purge your old extension and have you create a new one?

Can you also please respond with your App ID?

brianjlowry
Top colaborador(a)

resolver

Hi @cbarley,

Thanks again for coming to the rescue! At this point deleting all 4 would be ideal. We now know what not to do (delete). 🙂

AppId: 43882

I appreciate your help!

0 Avaliação positiva
cbarley
Alunos da HubSpot
Alunos da HubSpot

resolver

All set @brianjlowry !

brianjlowry
Top colaborador(a)

resolver

Thanks again! I really appreciate the help, @cbarley.

cbarley
Alunos da HubSpot
Alunos da HubSpot

resolver

Hey @brianjlowry , sounds good and no problem! We'll have a fix out for you by the end of the day (hopefully sooner).

0 Avaliação positiva
cbarley
Alunos da HubSpot
Alunos da HubSpot

resolver

Ah okay, I see what you mean. Let me dig into this with my team and I'll get back to you asap.

0 Avaliação positiva