Sales Integrations

AlejoArias
Participant

Can't connect whatsApp on my phone after Hubspot Integration

SOLVE

I had to delete my WhatsApp business account to be able to do the integration with HubSpot. But now I need to have the WhatsApp working again in my phone, but I have tried to reconnect with WhatsApp Business app on android and I never get the SMS, I then wait to resend SMS or receive a phone call and don't get either. Then  WhatsApp say try again in 1 hour. This has been going on for several days and we need to contact customer through this WhatsApp, but I only receive the messages they sent on the Inbox, I can't send messages to a specif contact trough hubspot.

Please help, since if this doesn't work we will have to disconect the integration. Since it seems it's only usable to receive support or automations, but you can't use the WhatsApp Number for anything else.

2 Accepted solutions
AlejoArias
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

You won't be able to. WhatsApp doesn't allow for a thirdparty app to be connected to WhatsApp Business and also have it on your phone. It's not only Hubspot I tried other integrations and realized it's Facebook directly. Hubspot is not the best for handling WhatsApp business but it's free with your subscription, so we use it for certain things with one WP number. You can handle it easier on facebook directly, with automated messages, but then you won't be connected to Hubspot. I'm sure HS will make their integration better soon. Cross fingers!

View solution in original post

AlejoArias
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

You have to disconnect it also from Facebook. In your business facebook account setting a WP number was created or you might already had it created. You have to erase it from Facebook for it to work again. WP business won't work on you phone if it's connected with any third party app, not only Hubspot.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
MTarnopolska
Participant

SOLVE

I have the same issue and absolutely no clue how to solve it.

0 Upvotes
AlejoArias
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

You won't be able to. WhatsApp doesn't allow for a thirdparty app to be connected to WhatsApp Business and also have it on your phone. It's not only Hubspot I tried other integrations and realized it's Facebook directly. Hubspot is not the best for handling WhatsApp business but it's free with your subscription, so we use it for certain things with one WP number. You can handle it easier on facebook directly, with automated messages, but then you won't be connected to Hubspot. I'm sure HS will make their integration better soon. Cross fingers!

Cinta

SOLVE

I encountered the same issue. We disconnected the integration but still can't use the WhatsApp Business. Were you finally able to use the WhatsApp Business on the phone again? I tried re-installing the app but the same notification keeps popping up "WhatsApp is unavalilable, please try in 1 hour." Never received the SMS verification code either. It's been days. Anyone figured this out yet? 

AlejoArias
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

You have to disconnect it also from Facebook. In your business facebook account setting a WP number was created or you might already had it created. You have to erase it from Facebook for it to work again. WP business won't work on you phone if it's connected with any third party app, not only Hubspot.

JannTN
Participant

SOLVE

I encountered the same today. Was glad that I was able to integrate our Whatsapp Business Account to Hubspot but since I deleted the number (as per instructions), I can't re-register the app again on our phone and the desktop. We had no choice but remove the Hubspot integration and revert back to the phone app. It seems useless at this point. Such a hassle.

AlejoArias
Participant

SOLVE

Yes, facebook doesn't let you use your phone app and any third party integration app at the same time. If your not looking for your WP number to be only a service or support number, with automations, it's best to just leave it connected to you phone.

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @AlejoArias,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! 

I would recommend contacting HubSpot Support as this kind of issue requires deep troubleshooting and access to your account. They will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots and further information about this.

Thank you,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes