APIs & Integrations

QuanticMind
Membro

Can't connect my app to account despite having App Marketplace Access

Hello,

I am a user in the account id  749577. I do have App Maketplace Access. I am trying to connect the QuanticMindApp (App ID: 224657) but I am receiving the error msg: "Couldn't complete the connection. You don’t have permission to connect this integration".

This page (https://knowledge.hubspot.com/integrations/resolve-a-request-for-integration-permissions-error) says I only need App MarketPlace access, but the superadmin of the account has shown me I do have the access.

Then, what is missing that I can't connect the app?

0 Avaliação positiva
3 Respostas 3
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @QuanticMind,

You're seeing this error likely because you do not have full permissions to the contacts access. 

i.e. The user Quantic Mind doesn't have access to communicate or edit contacts.

The app 8137031 requires user to have full contact scopes.

0 Avaliação positiva
QuanticMind
Membro

Wendy, thanks.

So I see the app uses the permissions for contacts and business-intelligence. Then, as the user requesting the app connection doesn't have full contacts permits, it fails. This triggers a few questions:

1 - Is contacts the only permission missing on my side? Where can I see in my settings what type of contact access I have? (I confirmed I can't edit or reach out to contacts, but still would be nice to know if there is a place with this info).

2 - If I am given access and I connect my app, what would happen then if the app added a new scope that my user didn't have? Will always the connection to an app be limited by the permissions of the user connecting the app? This is important to me as I am a Partner user in the company.

3 - Do all the above mean the safest way to connect an app is requesting it to the superadmin of the company?

0 Avaliação positiva
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @QuanticMind,

Let's walk through the question one by one:

1. When looking to check/edit your user settings, you can do so in the Users & Teams settings. More details here: Edit user permissions.

2. If the app add new scopes, the app will have to be reauth on the portal to request for the additional scopes -- this is to ensure that the app is only able to access scopes that are granted by the user who installed the app. 

3. I would always recommend a super admin user to be the one installing the app. This is for security reason and also the super admin will have access to all tools and settings (except for paid Sales Hub or Service Hub features) as such it is unlikely that they will run into permissions error.

0 Avaliação positiva