APIs & Integrations

RickTettSkyKick

Can Sync insert HubSpot record id into Dynamics Contact record?

We have a field on the Contact record in our Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM system to hold a HubSpot record id and we have an iframe on the Contact form that displays the HubSpot Contact using that HubSpot id. How can we map the HubSpot ID into the Dynamics Contact field labeled hubspotid so that when we sync from Dynamics to CRM this field is populated?

2 Replies 2
KHawgood
Participant

I am trying to do the same thing as a sanity check as we have accounts with similar names in different regions.  I want to see the D365 ID

0 Upvotes
WinnieHien
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi, we have two features right now that might help with "sanity checks". 

The HubSpot Embed for Dynamics let's you load an iFrame with HubSpot insights directly inside of Dynamics. From there, you can click the "view in HubSpot" link to go back. Here's a loom demo of the feature. We're continuing to expand on it, so lots more to come! 

^^^ I believe this feature is available as an add-on to a custom integration (which is your use case Rick). We just need authentication from connecting our native integration, but you don't need to turn on object sync. 

The other helpful feature is the Sync Card feature for Dynamics. It gives you insights into which HubSpot records are syncing to Dynamics (or have a sync error). It also gives you a "view in Dynamics" link. This feature is in private beta now, but we're hoping to roll out soon! If you want to be added to the private beta, send a DM. 🙂 

0 Upvotes