APIs & Integrations

kaufmannie
Membro

Can I test pushing data to hubspot on sandbox account (vs. developer/test account)?

In past when developing pipeline that pushed data to hubspot via API, i had to create a developer account and test account. I then had to manually copy over objects, properties, etc. 

There are now "sandbox" accounts which the docs say can be used for testing certain integrations. It appears that these sandbox account have automatic syncing for certain entities in the corresponding production account. We now have developers who are planning to pushing data to hubspot via API to a sandbox account. They are hoping to leverage this because of the fact that there are entities synced from prod and they dont have to go through the heavy lift of creating mirrored objects in the sandbox account. Is this doable? I have seen multiple community questions that seem to suggest we should be using the developer/test account instead for this type of testing (example here). But i dont see anything in official docs that makes this clear. Should we used a sandbox account to test API integration pushing data to hubspot?

https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/account-types

3 Respostas 3
ChehakWadhdwa
Membro | Parceiro Diamante

Can I test pushing data to hubspot on sandbox account (vs. developer/test account)?

Hey @kaufmannie

It is not feasible to create a sandbox environment for data insertion into hubspot. We recommend using portals other than sandbox.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

0 Avaliação positiva
Gaelan
Participante

Could you elaberate on these "portals other than sandbox" for API development?
What's the ideal approch for developing and testing read and write API driven integrations?

If you have a reference to existing documentaion that would be very helpful.
Thanks

0 Avaliação positiva
ChehakWadhdwa

Hey @kaufmannie

Sure. Sandbox accounts are usually uni-directional which are also used for testing purposes for small integrations.

For large apps sometimes we use portals other than sandbox

Check the guide link below ->

https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/developer-guides-resources

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

0 Avaliação positiva