APIs & Integrations

ryantxr

Can I create a private app that is not published

I am making a private app that integrates to our website. We do not want to publish this app.

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @ryantxr and @Will42 ,

What @WendyGoh was saying was Private in a more loose sense.  As in, it is private if you don't advertise it.  There is no way to make it fully private from our end. 

The OAuth url is key to the kingdom here.  Without it, it cannot be installed on a portal.  Hope that helps.

Will42
Participant | Platinum Partner

Hi @dennisedson , and thank you.

That actually does clear it up, thanks.  I was beyond fustrated with a number of things when I made that post, so my apologies if it came through.

Is it advisable, or useful in any way, to do something like an odd naming convention to help hide/shield the app from users searching in the marketplace?  

I understand that no one can connect, I'm just wondering how invisible I can make the app.

And thanks again, appreciate the help.

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @Will42

No worries!  Been there, done that 😀

There is one point of confusion that maybe it is just me at the end of the day and my brain stopped working, but why would you put it in the marketplace at all?  I have several apps in my account that I use for testing things and none of them are in the marketplace.  I just used the OAuth url to connect my personal portal to the apps and when it went through the verification, it works as expected.

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @ryantxr,

You can definitely private your app by following through this documentation - How do I create an app in HubSpot?

You can choose which production portal that you'd like to install the app on.

Let me know if there's any further query on this!

0 Upvotes
Will42

Problem I'm having is, it doesn't work that way.  It goes right to making a public app, which I imagine is why he was asking.

no it is a public app.PNG

0 Upvotes