APIs & Integrations

thuong

Can HubSpot send/receive and read data from Postgress?

Hello, I have some questions about HubSpot Integration.

Our company uses HubSpot to manage our marketing web pages. The application pages - which are accessible only when a customer has an account with us and logs in to use our app, are hosted and managed separately by the Engineering team. We use Google Analytics, Google Ads and we connect these applications to HubSpot. Since the reports across Google Analytics, Google Ads and HubSpot are not consistent, we plan to send all the data/information from these 3 platforms and from our application to a data warehouse we've been maintaining on PostGreSQL. The intention is to run reports from this data warehouse, send the information to HubSpot and have HubSpot send out automated marketing emails. I've seen many articles about how to send information from HubSpot to PostGres and keep the information synced, but I couldn't find any material about whether HubSpot can receive/read information from external database like PostGres. Can anyone advise me if this is possible?

An example of how/why we need HubSpot to be able to write/read data from an external database is like this:

- A user sees our google ads, clicks the ad, visits our landing page (built with HubSpot), visits our website > signs up and become a customer.

- The customer logs in into our application, searches for products, may or may not buy the services.

Hubspot only records information up to when the user signs up and becomes a customer; while we want to track their activities when the user logs in and search for things within our application. We have PostGres storing data about this customer's behavior. We want PostGres to send this information to HubSpot and HubSpot will send automated marketing email to push the customer to purchase. 

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Eric_Goldman
Participant

Hey @thuong - check out Sequin.

Sequin will sync HubSpot with a Postgres database in real-time. As soon as customer data changes, it will be updated in HubSpot and Postgres. This should work well for you!

If you would prefer to build this yourself though, here is a guide: https://blog.sequin.io/hubspot-to-postgres/

0 Upvotes
TayshaProvost
Participant

Try out Skyvia, which provides two ways Hubspot with PostgreSQL integration: https://skyvia.com/data-integration/integrate-hubspot-postgresql
I like it because of its simplicity, convenience, and intuitive usability.

direstardb

Hi, I'm also trying to read PostgreSQL data from within HubSpot.  I don't want to import the PostgreSQL data into HubSpot, just display the data.  The database is too large for HubDB.  Is there a way to do that?

Mike_Eastwood
Key Advisor | Gold Partner
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

Hi @thuong 

We use the HubSpot API to send and receive data in a MYSQL Database using PHP.

With regards to your tracking you may want to check the implications with GDPR if you're marketing to Europe.

Mike

0 Upvotes