APIs & Integrations

Jupita_team
Contributor

Call transcriptions

Hi Community 🙂,

I would like to discuss this post with the Calls team, could you please either respond to this post or DM me.

Building upon the support for the conversations API, we're looking at adding support for calls, in order to achieve this there needs to be a method for either (listed in order of preference);

1) Accessing the call transcriptions in real-time

2) Accessing the audio-streams in real-time

3) Accessing the call transcriptions after the call has ended.

I'm fairly sure that #2 is not possible yet, I've added the suggestion to the ideas forum, in the meantime however I'd appreciate any advice on the other options. 

We're not looking at logging HubSpot users calls with HubSpot (which I believe is what the Engagements API does? It's there for uploading call recordings to HubSpot?), we are looking at retreiving call data for HubSpot powered calls.

We're really hoping for support towards a 360 degree customer view from HubSpot, in order to achieve this calls should be included in the same way that other channels are within the conversation webhook.

I've already viewed the documentation here - https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/crm/extensions/recordings-and-transcriptions

The statement "
Only .WAV, .FLAC, and .MP4 audio files will be transcribed" is throwing me off, this sounds like it's invoking uploads, I thought calls are recorded and transcribed on HubSpot's backend? Why is the developer being warned about file type here?

Any help would be appreciated from the Calls team! 

Regards,

Alexander

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Call transcriptions

@Jupita_team 

I passed this along to the team 😀

Vessel

Call transcriptions

Any updates on accessing call transcriptions via API?

0 Upvotes
Jupita_team
Contributor

Call transcriptions

Thanks Dennis!

0 Upvotes