APIs & Integrations

Jupita_team
Contributor

Call transcriptions

Hi Community 🙂,

Building upon the support for the conversations API, we're looking at adding support for calls, in order to achieve this there needs to be a method for either (listed in order of preference);

1) Accessing the call transcriptions in real-time

2) Accessing the audio-streams in real-time

3) Accessing the call transcriptions after the call has ended.

I'm fairly sure that #2 is not possible yet, I've added the suggestion to the ideas forum, in the meantime however I'd appreciate any advice on the other options. 

We're not looking at logging HubSpot users calls with HubSpot (which I believe is what the Engagements API does? It's there for uploading call recordings to HubSpot?), we are looking at retreiving call data for HubSpot powered calls.

I know this is a tricky, but we're really hoping for support towards a 360 degree customer view from HubSpot, in order to achieve this calls should be included in the same way that other channels are within the conversation webhook. Any help would be appreciated, I'm happy to chat with the calls team direct if they want to reach out or DM me. 

Regards,

Alexander

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
ChehakWadhdwa
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

Call transcriptions

Hi @Jupita_team,

Hope you are doing well, i have found something you might find useful - checkout these https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/crm/extensions/recordings-and-transcriptions https://knowledge.hubspot.com/calling/review-calls#:~:text=Please%20note%3A%20automatic%20call%20tra....

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.
Thanks and Regards.

0 Upvotes
Jupita_team
Contributor

Call transcriptions

Hi Chehak,

Appreciate the reply! I did see those links previously, they seem to explain how the CI tool works in conjunction with calls. 

In the first link, the statement "Only .WAV, .FLAC, and .MP4 audio files will be transcribed" is throwing me off, this sounds like it's invoking uploads, I thought calls are recorded and transcribed on HubSpot's backend? Why is the developer being warned about file type here? 

The second link seems like it's on the right track at least - "In HubSpot, you can record and review calls made through HubSpot’s calling tool, using HubSpot's integration with Zoom, or using a third-party calling provider that is integrated with HubSpot.".

This is what we're after, and we're after the transcriptions from these calls. It seems like in all 3 situations the calls would be handled on HubSpot's backend anyway. How can we get these transcriptions? In real-time is ideal, maybe this is something the calls team can look into, however after the call has ended is something that should be definitiley possible. 

Regards,

Alexander

0 Upvotes
Jupita_team
Contributor

Call transcriptions

Hi Community! 

This thread is still open and would love to hear from the Calls team themselves! 

Regards,

Alexander.

0 Upvotes