APIs & Integrations

Sebastian_Lozad

CRM UI change is not firing webhook

Hi,

When a contact property is changed, the webhook subscription is not being fired. Yesterday everything was working well, but today only events with changeSource API are being fired. Is there an error with CRM UI Webhooks?

Contact creation webhook is working good, but modifying an existent conctact property in the contact's page does not fire any event.

0 Upvotes
32 Replies 32
cbisnett
Participant

Thanks for fixing this!

cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

You got it! 🙂 

0 Upvotes
bhaugh
Participant

Thanks again, Connor!

cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi all, our engineers pushed out a fix this morning that should have done the trick. Can you all monitor your webhooks over the next few hours to check if you're missing any data?

0 Upvotes
bhaugh
Participant

Thanks, @cbarley! We've exhausted as many angles we can think of from our end, so we'll greatly appreciate an update.

If this is related to your Kafka woes from last month, that's cool; even knowing that you all are acknowledging service degradation would help us to focus our efforts on manually syncing data instead of continuing to triage webooks.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @bhaugh , totally understand. The fact of the matter is we don't know at all what's happening yet. We haven't been able to uncover anything and are still in the investigative stages of this issue. I'll update you when I have something of substance to send your way.

0 Upvotes
Sebastian_Lozad

Thanks @cbarley for keeping us updated.

I have been testing today CRM UI contact property changes, and I have noticed that they are working a little better. We are receiving 4 webhook calls out of 5 changes on average. Also, we are not receving webhook calls related to old contact property changes. Only new changes are being sent.

I have noticed that we do not receive a webhook call when a contact property is changed after some time of inactivity. Hope this helps.

Thanks. 

0 Upvotes
cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @Sebastian_Lozad , thanks for that extra detail. Can you expand on what you mean by "only new changes are being sent"? What constitutes as new? Are you saying only subscriptions created recently are actually working?

0 Upvotes
Sebastian_Lozad

@cbarley by "only new changes are being sent" I am referring to contact property changes that were made today. We are not receiving webhook calls related to changes that were made the previous week.

We are using the same old webhook subscriptions. 

0 Upvotes
cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @Sebastian_Lozad , webhooks would be real-time so notifications from last week wouldn't be sent this week, even if you notice a change in performance. If the webhook wasn't sent, it was likely an error from our system.

I could be understanding you incorrectly, but perhaps you're talking about the fact you aren't receiving webhook notifications from webhook subscriptions that you set up last week, found in this section of your app: http://prntscr.com/nifidx. If that's the case, I'll certainly make note for the product team

0 Upvotes
Sebastian_Lozad

Ok, I now know that we will not receive notifications for last week.

We have been using our old webhook subscriptions. We did not set up new webhook subscriptions last week.

Those old subscriptions, which have worked perfectly for over a year, are still only receiving about 80% of the updates we expect.

0 Upvotes
bhaugh
Participant

@cbarley: we are still not seeing webhook requests when we expect them. What is the best way to escalate this?

Thank you again!

0 Upvotes