APIs & Integrations

jacques

CRM Extensions not being called

SOLVE

Hi,

We're developping a CRM extension to show user data from our database into our contacts page and for that we created a private app and implemented an endpoint that hubspot should call. Howeve, Hubspot is not calling our endpoint, and the Monitoring > CRM Extensions logs show that indeed no activity is taking place.

We've gone through the OAuth flow to authorize our own app in the CRM:

Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 4.06.06 PM.png

The CRM extension object type is configured with an appropriate fetch Url and associated with contacts

Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 4.12.08 PM.png

Any help for what to look at next would be greatly appreciated!

Jacques

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @jacques,

I hope all is well with you 😃

When trying to access your data fetch uri, I'm receiving an 'Internal Server Error'and this is the reason why the CRM extension isn't loading on your contact record page. 

The data fetch uri should contain a JSON result to display to the user and an example response can be seen here in our CRM Extensions documentation (Under the Data Fetch Request section > Example response)

Hope this helps to clarify!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @jacques,

I hope all is well with you 😃

When trying to access your data fetch uri, I'm receiving an 'Internal Server Error'and this is the reason why the CRM extension isn't loading on your contact record page. 

The data fetch uri should contain a JSON result to display to the user and an example response can be seen here in our CRM Extensions documentation (Under the Data Fetch Request section > Example response)

Hope this helps to clarify!

0 Upvotes
jacques

SOLVE

Hi @WendyGoh ,

We figured out that our algorithm to generate the signature hash was incorred: the CRM extension overview page says the hash should be <some base64 string> but the doc on request signatures shows it actually needs an hex string (base16).

The error you received (500 - Internal Server Error) was just our ugly error for invalid signature.

I noticed Monitoring > CRM Extensions shows "IO Errors", so I'd suggest showing http error statuses as well and updating the CRM Extensions doc.

Thanks for the help!

0 Upvotes