APIs & Integrations

basil
Key Advisor

CRM Extensions for Tickets Page

SOLVE

Hi there,
Is there a way to providing a sidebar / use the CRM extension API for tickets?

We heavily use the CRM extension. But it doesn't seem to be available for tickets (judging from documentation).

How can we get the API extended to include tickets?

Thanks

1 Accepted solution
cbarley
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @Basil_Weibel, at the moment we don't have immediate plans to add CRM extensions to tickets, but it's looking like it will be on the roadmap in 2019. At this point I cannot confidently give you an accurate timeline

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
16 Replies 16
cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Wow, thank you so much for the detail and explanation here. I'll let the team that runs CRM extensions know of your feedback and see if we can push the priority of this up. I know that in 2019 we're investing heavily into becoming a true platform, and custom objects are certainly high up on our list of todos, so i hope both your workaround and your ideal solution will be possible in the future. Thanks again for providing your use case - it's immensely helpful for us!

Wholesale-Solar
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@cbarley 

1. Coming up on 6 months since this thread started.

2. Service Hub has been GA for 1 full year, and still does not have GA api support, crm extensions support, or webhooks support. 

What is going on?

We pay more per license for service hub then we do for sales pro.

Timeline, please.

0 Upvotes
cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

I'll check in with the extensions team. I think there has been movement on this front.

0 Upvotes
cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

hi @Wholesale-Solar , looks like the backend for CRM extensions for tickets has been completed. We're now waiting on the frontend changes to the developer portal UI, and communcation from our developer relations team. I didn't get a concrete timeline, but it should be soon.

As for webhooks/timeline events, it seems like we are a few months out, as priorities are focused in on security and reliability at the moment.

0 Upvotes
basil
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @cbarley 

is it possible by now to code a CRM extension that shows card on the tickets sidebar?

Thanks for the update,

Basil

0 Upvotes
basil
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Sounds great! Thanks for pushing it internally. Both solutions would be very exciting for us!

Wholesale-Solar
Top Contributor

SOLVE

CRM Extensions are fantastic. 

0 Upvotes
basil
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi Connor,
thanks for getting back to me.

1. We have our own extension to create, link and update shipments/parcels. So for each deal we create one or multiple shipments. Now for support tickets we regularly happen to send replacement parts; so we need associate shipments with tickets. Actually we expected the extension to work for tickets as well since a ticket is as much a CRM object as a deal. But right now we need to create a deal associated to a ticket and then associate the deal with a shipment.

2. All our documents are managed with Pandadoc (e.g. loaner contracts, quotes, purchase orders, waybills, terms for special programs etc). Sometimes the solution to a ticket is selling a service or as said above, shipping something. In both cases we need to associate documents with the ticket. But since there is no extension, Pandadoc cannot provide their extension for tickets.

3. Not sure if other extensions (calling, whatever uses sidebars) wouldn't be useful for tickets as well.

Long term we would like to see custom objects, but in the short term we would build work arounds using the CRM extension API - but it is impossible as long as tickets are not included.

I would classify CRM extensions for tickets as one of my top 3 hubspot pain points (next to file size limitations in the support form and display of property groups in the records view; whereas the last one is again more for workarounds around custom objects.)

Let me know if that was understandable.

Wholesale-Solar
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@basil 

Your use cases above are exactly along the lines of how we are using crm extensions as well.

custom objects, yes.

lack of ability to organize and group properties on deals, agreed.

0 Upvotes
cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Our team is wondering, what is your use case for CRM extensions for tickets? We're trying to gather as much feedback as possible. Thanks and have a great weekend!

0 Upvotes
cbarley
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @Basil_Weibel, at the moment we don't have immediate plans to add CRM extensions to tickets, but it's looking like it will be on the roadmap in 2019. At this point I cannot confidently give you an accurate timeline

0 Upvotes
basil
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Any updates regarding extensions for tickets? This would really help us a lot. We now need to create a deal for every ticket that requires a shipment of parts to a customer.

0 Upvotes
cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

hi @basil , nothing to report yet. I can't give a timeline, but we definitely know the pain this is causing and would like to prioritize this soon. Apologies for the inconvenience here

0 Upvotes
Wholesale-Solar
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hey @cbarley 

+100

1. Why would Tickets not get crm extension support by default?

2. Is Hubspot not planning on continuing crm extensions?

3. We are heavily integrated with multiple cloud and on-premise systems.  We RELY on crm extensions to display details and provide actions into our external systems. It's what makes hubspot work for us right now.

Dargh, I just assumed Tickets support was right around the corner.

Tickets should have had crm extension support when ServiceHub went GA.

0 Upvotes
cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @Wholesale-Solar , Tickets are a newer object, and we're definitely looking into adding support for tickets, and any other object we may add in the future. We are continuing to support crm extensions and are looking to expand upon them. I agree that we should've had support for tickets out of the box when tickets were released. I'll make sure to pass your feedback along and see what the status of this feature is!

0 Upvotes
Wholesale-Solar
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thx for listening. Definitely will be discussing this with our CSM - it's something I've been discussing in detail with Hubspot for almost 2 years now. 

Just this afternoon I dropped my head, when I went into webhooks setup and reminded myself that there is no support for webhooks for tickets either. 😞