APIs & Integrations

sachinr
Contributor

CRM Extension: Add an empty state message

SOLVE

I've noticed that the built-in cards shown on a contact record show a message to the user when there are no objects in it. For example, the Tickets card says "Use tickets to track all of your customer's questions and requests for help." This is a super useful prompt for new users on how to use the card.

How can a custom card created via the CRM Extensions API provide a similar message? Right now the card seems like it can either show sales objects or just show up blank, which is not ideal.

1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Welcome, @sachinr.

At this time, it's not possible to add empty state messages to custom CRM extensions, but I can certainly see the use case!

Would you mind posting a feature request on the HubSpot Community Ideas Forum? Modifying this post's text will be just fine. If you share it in this thread, I'll be happy to upvote it and pass it along to the relevant product team!

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Welcome, @sachinr.

At this time, it's not possible to add empty state messages to custom CRM extensions, but I can certainly see the use case!

Would you mind posting a feature request on the HubSpot Community Ideas Forum? Modifying this post's text will be just fine. If you share it in this thread, I'll be happy to upvote it and pass it along to the relevant product team!

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes