APIs & Integrations

mwelch
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

CRM API v3 Developer Preview is Now Available

HubSpot API consistency and completeness has been a major point in feedback from our developer community for some time now. You spoke, and we listened! We are excited to announce the launch of a refreshed CRM API and documentation, available today in developer preview.

The CRM API v3 is the first milestone in a larger concerted effort to level up HubSpot’s APIs. These new APIs are more consistent than the current generation and are on their way to becoming more complete.
CRM Search, Imports, Owners, Pipelines, Properties, Associations, Objects (contacts, companies, deals, etc.)

Here’s what's new:
Search, Filter and Sort:
This brand-new endpoint allows developers to filter, sort, and search across all CRM objects (contacts, companies, deals, etc). These new capabilities will allow for more effective data retrieval across the CRM.

You might use this API for:

• Getting a list of contacts for a specific account
  • Retrieving a list of all open deals
  • Searching for contacts by custom properties

CRM Imports Endpoint:
This brand-new endpoint allows developers to import CSV files for creating or updating objects in their HubSpot accounts. These objects include contacts, companies, deals, tickets, products, and notes. The Imports API allows your integration to use the same powerful features that are supported by the in app import tools in HubSpot.

The Imports API allows you to:

• Import files directly
  • Retrieve information on any past imports
  • Cancel any incomplete imports

Learn once, apply everywhere:
All CRM objects now have more in common. Defining properties, associating objects to one another, assigning ownership and defining pipelines (where applicable) are all the same regardless of the objects you’re working with.

• CRM Object Properties
  • CRM Associations
  • CRM Owners
  • CRM Pipelines

What this means for developers:

• Start testing out these endpoints. Developer preview is the perfect time to let us know what you think. We’ll be collecting and iterating quickly on your feedback, which could mean breaking changes. It’s not recommended to use these endpoints in a production environment yet, but we’ll let you know when they’re ready.
  • Continue to use the existing stable CRM API, which will remain available for production use as we build out our platform with improved consistency and capability.

FAQ
CRM Search:

• Search functionality is limited to one request per second
  • "engagements", including "tasks", "calls", "emails", and "notes" aren't supported in Search 

Coming Soon

• We are missing the Engagements and Contact Lists endpoints - use the existing ones for now.
  • Secondary Identifiers - we’ll be adding this shortly—hang tight.

Please provide your feedback about these new APIs in this thread.

31 Replies 31
SoumS

Can we use these APIs in production?

Are any major changes are anticipated from these endpoints?

0 Upvotes
fndicu
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @SoumS these APIs are in developer preview (otherwise referred to as public beta). All portals are ungated for the functionality. That being said, Items with a "preview" tag should be considered a non-stable release that will be subject to bugs and breaking changes while under development. Please take this into account as you build against a release.

0 Upvotes
erikm

I'm testing the search API and it appears that the EQ operator is case-sensitive such that values with capitalization are never matched.

If there's a Company with name "Company Name", the following search works:

{
  "propertyName": "name",
  "operator": "CONTAINS_TOKEN",
  "value": "Company Name"
}

But this search does not:

{
  "propertyName": "name",
  "operator": "EQ",
  "value": "Company Name"
}

It looks like it's doing column = lower(input) instead of lower(column) = lower(input).

0 Upvotes
fndicu
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @erikm I've been able to record to same behavior and shared your feedback with the team. I'll post a response in this thread once the issue has been resolved. Thank you for reaching out!

0 Upvotes
Bernardo_Cobli
Participant

Hi,

I know that this is still a beta version, but I just wanted to know if there will be a possibility to get historical values for each property, similar to the "propertiesWithHistory" parameter of the current API?

fndicu
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Bernado, thank you for the feedback. Support for this feature is on our road map. I will follow-up in this thread once it has been implemented!

0 Upvotes
mbinmasoud
Contributor

How long do these updates usually stay in Developer Preview? This update could solve most of our problems with syncing CRM data. 

0 Upvotes
fndicu
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Thanks for reaching out! We are aiming for an early q2 release date for these APIs pending the feedback we receive during the public beta period. We will make an announcement on the HubSpot developer changelog once the CRM v3 APIs are in stable release!

0 Upvotes
JGSurge
Participant

Does "Filter, sort, and search" work with custom properties on Companies? 

Under Use Cases it specifies "Searching for contacts by custom properties" so I would assume this also means it would work for Companies but want to confirm. 

thank you 

0 Upvotes
fndicu
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @JGSurge thanks for the feedback. The "filter, sort, and search" functionality works for custom properties on  all CRM objects (Contacts, Companies, Deals, Tickets, Line Items, and Quotes.) 

We have updated the documentation to read more clearly!

0 Upvotes
Bernardo_Cobli
Participant

I just wanted to say I'm very very very happy with this new API, it simply solved half our ELT problems, thanks so much