APIs & Integrations

PAgarwal

Bulk import Response Status

I am trying to use import api to import list of companies it is working fine but in response i am getting status : "processing" for a time being once processing is completed i m getting status : done while hitting import/info api .

But here how can i get automtic notification once my sync is completed .do i need to poll on import/info api  to check state of my sync .or what can be the best approach  to ?

PAgarwal_0-1621590158054.png

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@PAgarwal ,

@kmuenze asked a similar question a few years back. 

@kmuenze , whatever came of this and  how are you solving for it now?

0 Upvotes
PAgarwal

Hey @dennisedson  thankyou , it is very useful and seems Hubspot does not provide webhook for the bulk upload notification .May I ask u 1 more question , Which api is best  for bulk companies import on hubspot?
1.  "/crm/v3/imports/"  
2. "/crm/v3/objects/companies/batch/create"
In  import api  with webhooks i can receive the  notification for companies  which is successfully created on hubspot  but  how should we handle errors ? 

for ex  out of 100 companies 70 imported successfully but 30 failed , For 70 i  receive 70 notifications through company creation webhook ,but how i will get to know 30 companies are failed
In batch create there is cap of 100 companies per  request and response time is high as compared to import api howewer this api is better in terms of handling of status and errors.

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@lynton probably has more historical wisdom on this than I.  Do you have any advice here, @lynton ?

0 Upvotes