APIs & Integrations

mynameiskyleok
Mitglied

Best way to populate test account with sample data for integration development

What is the best way to populate my test account with sample records and event data? Specifically contact records, emails, and email engagment events of those records? I know about the import tools and API functionality to add records and emails to HubSpot, but I can't use these to generate everything (e.g., email event open for a contact). The test account only comes with two records and very little activity data associated with them, but is in the direction of what I'm looking for, just a lot more data.

I'm new to working with HubSpot (but experienced with other CRMs and marketing automation platforms) and want to build a few apps / integration ideas I have for HubSpot. I've read it's easy to export from a main account and import records to a test account and/or create sandboxes from a main account, but don't have access to any main accounts with data because I'm building on my own and not on behalf of another company / partner.

0 Upvotes
4 Antworten
lynton
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Elite Partner
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Elite Partner

We recommend using https://www.mockaroo.com. You can generate all sorts of sample data and easily import it into HubSpot using the CSV importer. 

mynameiskyleok
Mitglied

Thanks! That'll be great for the records themselves. Do you have any suggestions about how to create any sort of event history (e.g., email open events, etc.)?

0 Upvotes
Clayton_
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Hi @mynameiskyleok . I was also struggling with test data recently and put together some more detail on how to use Mockaroo with Hubspot that may offer some additional ideas on the "modeling records" side of things -

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Share-Your-Work/How-to-create-Hubspot-test-dummy-data-with-Mockaroo...

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot-Produktteam
HubSpot-Produktteam

@lynton , do you have a method of doing this?

0 Upvotes