APIs & Integrations

Jo-Muel

Best practice approaches for the API

Hey all,
we want to link our CRM system with HubSpot in the near future (via an API).

Now we are facing the challenge of what information our CRM needs to send to HubSpot and what HubSpot needs to send back to the CRM in order to have a meaningful collaboration.

Are there best practice approaches independent of the CRM, for example, what is written when and where in which direction, which data from HubSpot is relevant, ....?

Thanks, 
Johanna

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
franksteiner79
Key Advisor

Best practice approaches for the API

Hi Johanna

It's a bit of a tricky "how long is a piece of string" question, as it's called in English.

And I'd start by asking some counter questions, if that's okay:

1. What is you CRM and what is it used for?
  2. Is there anything you current CRM does, that HubSpot CRM doesn't?
  3. What is data flow between HubSpot and your CRM?
  4. Which processes are being managed in HubSpot, which in your CRM, and why?
  5. Which of your teams are working in which tool, and why?

Once you've thought about those question you'll have a process foundation; based on which your questions "what information our CRM needs to send to HubSpot and what HubSpot needs to send back to the CRM" can be answered.

Unfortunately there is no one-size fits all recommendation. But I'd defintely start by looking at HubSpot's API documentation to understand what API endpoints HubSpot offers and do the same for your current CRM. As this will determine which data points are available to integrate both systems.

Thanks

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project
0 Upvotes