APIs & Integrations

jmik

Azure Data Factory Hubspot connector returns 414 on Contacts Properties Values

Hey,

we started getting an error with Data factory utilizing the Hubspot connector.
"
Operation on target Copy_7eo failed: Failure happened on 'Source' side. ErrorCode=UserErrorOdbcOperationFailed,'Type=Microsoft.DataTransfer.Common.Shared.HybridDeliveryException,Message=ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][Hubspot] (100) Error parsing JSON: Invalid value. while parsing string <html>
<head><title>414 Request-URI Too Large</title></head>
<body>
<center><h1>414 Request-URI Too Large</h1></center>
</body>
</html>
.,Source=Microsoft.DataTransfer.ClientLibrary.Odbc.OdbcConnector,''Type=System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException,Message=ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][Hubspot] (100) Error parsing JSON: Invalid value. while parsing string <html>
<head><title>414 Request-URI Too Large</title></head>
<body>
<center><h1>414 Request-URI Too Large</h1></center>
</body>
</html>
.,Source=HubspotODBC_sb64.dll,'
"

The linked service connection to the API works, but fetching records from Contact_properties_values endpoint for us seems to make the copy activity crash with the error above. Other endpoints do work just fine as this has for months.

Have there been changes lately to this particular endpoint? 

I have been in contact with Microsoft support regarding this and they suggested to contact Hubspot's team.

Please let me know if there is any more information I can provide to get this fixed or start debugging this more in depth.

15 Replies 15
rneves

Same here, today is 31/05/2022 and we are still experiencing the same error as described by jmik. We integrated our databse with hubspot via linked service in azure data factory. Suddenly the "Contact_properties_values" endpoint started throwing the "Error parsing JSON: Invalid value. while parsing string" error.  Every other endpoint works perfectly.

0 Upvotes
camera
Participant

I'm with you. Same as here. But the difference is that I'm not using the Azure Data Factory for that. I'm using a script Python.

What I know is that we have to put all properties names in the url. While you have just a few properties, it's ok. But when you have more than 500, it could be a big problem.

I don't now yet the character limit of the Hubspot. I read a post that said something about 16.391.

I had to split the properties in groups before do made a GET request. Of course, it will taking so much time and so many requests to make!

I would love if Hubspot could grow the character limit, or implement a new endopoint to get all the objects with all properties.

0 Upvotes
JBorn
Participant

I'm also getting this same error and would love to see this resolved.  

0 Upvotes
PravinP

Hi, I am also facing the same issue. Do we have any solution? Thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
jmik

I've contacted azcommunity@microsoft.com

Will let you know how things progress.

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @jmik ,

Could throw up the request url you are hitting? 

0 Upvotes
jmik

Hey,

I'm not exactly sure of the url as I'm not the one defining it in Azure Data Factory, you choose from a collection of pre made "tables" with the connector once the connection has been configured to the API.

It's just called Hubspot.Contact_properties_values .

It should return Vid, Property_Name, Property_Value

jmik_0-1605687354957.png

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @jmik ,

Discussed internally and there has been no change on the API side.  Was informed that something similar has happened before and it is when too many properties are being called. 

The connector gathers all properties defined in HubSpot and appends to the request url.  The guess is that a new property was defined in HubSpot and that was the straw  that broke the camel's back.

Hope this shines some light on the situation.

How many idioms can I use in one reply 🤔

0 Upvotes
SCd4

Can you please tell me how I can get the same data by using HubSpot REST API? Which endpoint should I be using to get data instead of using HubSpot ADF Connector with tableName = "Hubspot"."Contact_Properties_Values"?

For example, when I use ADF with the above, I get a csv file something as follows. I'm trying to switch to using REST API that gives me a response containing same detailss 

"1","state","MA"
"1","hs_count_is_worked","0"
"1","notes_last_updated","1585073723945"

@dennisedson  any thoughts?

0 Upvotes
foxsterben
Contributor

So, the problem is the structure that you set up without foreseeing these problems. For small companies hubspot can be a useful service but for companies that are starting to have considerable growth hubspot is not helpful to handle all this volume.

0 Upvotes
jmik

Hey @foxsterben ,

unfortunately the issue is ongoing.

It has been such a small issue that we have not had the time to communicate with Microsoft.

We've had some discussion on Microsoft's forums here regarding this https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/164041/data-factory-hubspot-connector-returns-344... with their representatives.

They've asked us to contact the azure community via email and they will help get a ticket through to Microsoft to look at this - not done yet.

Will try to push the email through when I find the time since the issue seems to be bothering others as well.

0 Upvotes
jmik

Hey,

thanks for the reply.

So that would suggest that changes need to be made on the connector side in Azure?

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@jmik 

Possibly... 😬

Would need to see the request uri construction and test outside of Azure

0 Upvotes
jmik

Great, I'll see what I can do. I did contact MS support already last Friday with the information you gave, so let's see if we get a response from there.

I'll also try to get the exact request uri if possible and forward any information that might be helpful here!

foxsterben
Contributor

How did you solve it? I have the same problem.

0 Upvotes