APIs & Integrations

PascG

Automate PandaDoc Create Document

Hi everyone,

We have done a successfull integration to PandaDoc. In our deal, we have the widget PandaDoc with the "Create Document" button. We have a doc template in PandaDoc and after clicking the button,  the deal informations (properties&custom field) are sent to PandaDoc and we get back a new PDF file for this deal.
Now we need to automate this process. I have checked on PandaDoc API side but this is not the good way to do this as we need to send all the properties of the deal one by one (another way to explain : we would need to redevelop all the integration with HubSpot). It will not be evolutive as we would need to upgrade it each time we want to update the pandadoc template with a new field.

The good approch (I presume) is to call the "Create Document"  button on the HubSpot side, so the integration (and the deal properties/custom fields) are all sent correctly.
Could it be done with a HubSpot workflow ? or with a HubSpot API ? How ?

thanks in advance for any help.

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
himanshurauthan
Thought Leader | Elite Partner
Thought Leader | Elite Partner

Hello @PascG 

possible to automate the process of creating a document in PandaDoc from HubSpot using HubSpot workflows.

HubSpot Workflows: You can create a workflow in HubSpot that is triggered when a deal is created or a deal stage changes. Within the workflow, you can use the "HTTP Request" action to send a request to the PandaDoc API that includes the necessary information to create a new document. Here's an example of what the workflow could look like:

• Trigger: Deal is created or deal stage changes
  • Action: Set a property value (optional - to update a property in HubSpot indicating that a document has been created)
  • Action: HTTP Request to PandaDoc API (using the "POST /documents" endpoint) with the following parameters:
    • API key (generated in your PandaDoc account)
    • Template ID (ID of the PandaDoc template you want to use)
    • Document name (e.g. using a HubSpot property value)
    • Deal properties (using merge fields in the PandaDoc template)
  • Action: Create task in HubSpot (optional - to remind a user to review the document)

Thanks & Regards 
    Himanshu Rauthan

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology
0 Upvotes
PascG

@himanshurauthan wrote:

Hello @PascG 

possible to automate the process of creating a document in PandaDoc from HubSpot using HubSpot workflows.

HubSpot Workflows: You can create a workflow in HubSpot that is triggered when a deal is created or a deal stage changes. Within the workflow, you can use the "HTTP Request" action to send a request to the PandaDoc API that includes the necessary information to create a new document. Here's an example of what the workflow could look like:

• Trigger: Deal is created or deal stage changes
  • Action: Set a property value (optional - to update a property in HubSpot indicating that a document has been created)
  • Action: HTTP Request to PandaDoc API (using the "POST /documents" endpoint) with the following parameters:
    • API key (generated in your PandaDoc account)
    • Template ID (ID of the PandaDoc template you want to use)
    • Document name (e.g. using a HubSpot property value)
  • Action: Create task in HubSpot (optional - to remind a user to review the document)

Hi Himanshu and thank you for your help.
I understood, but this is typically what I am trying to avoid. This solution suppose that we send all the deal properties as you said :

But as it's all in hubspot with a hubspot workflow, it may be a workarround. It's just that first we don't benefit of the official pandadoc integration (and it's updates) and second each time we add a new custom field to the deal, we need to update that workflow.

But yes, if there is no other solution, we can do that.

0 Upvotes
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @PascG. Thanks for posting your question. One question to help the community — are you asking if there is a public endpoint on the HubSpot side to utilize the Create Document button in the PandaDoc integration? “The good approach (I presume) is to call the “Create Document” button on the HubSpot side” 

If so, I do not see an available endpoint here that matches your request in the documentation.

Outside of this, I'll invite some of our community to offer, if possible, any thoughts on workarounds or other ways they've approached similar challenges. Hey, @Phil_Vallender @himanshurauthan do you have any feedback for @PascG?

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes
PascG

@Jaycee_Lewis wrote:

Hi, @PascG. Thanks for posting your question. One question to help the community — are you asking if there is a public endpoint on the HubSpot side to utilize the Create Document button in the PandaDoc integration?

Hello Jaycee, thank you very much for your kindly help.

Yes, exactly what I am looking for.

0 Upvotes