APIs & Integrations

EEnzipe
Membre

Authentication credentials not found

Résolue
In developer account i create an app so when i send request with app Client Secret then show error 
if I do create test app and inside test app create private app then send request with 
Access tokenthen API response contacts list
how i can get data from main App 
{
    "status": "error",
    "message": "Authentication credentials not found. This API supports both API Key and OAuth 2.0 authentication and you can find more details at https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/auth/oauth-overview",
    "correlationId": "6ef5f6b3-1cfe-4532-84f5-73654a6ea4d9",
    "category": "INVALID_AUTHENTICATION"
}

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
klloyd__1
Solution
Participant | Partenaire solutions Gold

Résolue

Thanks for the tag, @Jaycee_Lewis!

@EEnzipe, to make sure I understand correctly, you've created a test HubSpot portal, and within that test portal, created a Private App, correct?  You're then receiving authentication requests while making API calls to that portal, attempting to use the credentials generated by the private app.

If so, it likely has to do with how you structure the API call and provide the authentication.  Before the introduction of Private Apps, you would use the portal's API key as the authentication in the header, like:

--header 'hapikey: xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxx' \

With Private Apps, instead of providing the value as a hapikey, you set it as a Bearer token:

--header 'Authorization: Bearer xxx-xxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx' \

If you're using Postman to test the API calls, try switching the Authorization type from API key to Bearer Token:

use_bearer_token.png

Give that a try, and let us know if it helps!

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

2 Réponses
klloyd__1
Solution

Résolue

Thanks for the tag, @Jaycee_Lewis!

@EEnzipe, to make sure I understand correctly, you've created a test HubSpot portal, and within that test portal, created a Private App, correct?  You're then receiving authentication requests while making API calls to that portal, attempting to use the credentials generated by the private app.

If so, it likely has to do with how you structure the API call and provide the authentication.  Before the introduction of Private Apps, you would use the portal's API key as the authentication in the header, like:

--header 'hapikey: xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxx' \

With Private Apps, instead of providing the value as a hapikey, you set it as a Bearer token:

--header 'Authorization: Bearer xxx-xxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx' \

If you're using Postman to test the API calls, try switching the Authorization type from API key to Bearer Token:

use_bearer_token.png

Give that a try, and let us know if it helps!

Jaycee_Lewis
Gestionnaire de communauté
Gestionnaire de communauté

Résolue

Hi, @EEnzipe. Thanks for reaching out. Hey @tominal @RMones @klloyd__1 do you have any thoughts on next steps for @EEnzipe?

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Votes