Authenticate user on 3rd party website w/o App Marketplace Access permission

MWynne

I am trying to let people log in to my 3rd party website using their Hubspot account. It seems like the user has to have the "App Marketplace Access" permission if I set it up using an integration app though. I'm concerned that the standard user will not have this permission.

Is there another way to approach this?

I also have to integrate data but expect to only do that with a designated "integration" account. This account will likely have the "App Marketplace Access" so I'm not as concerned about this.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
dennisedson
Community Manager

@MWynne 

I am not 100% clear as to what you are trying to do.  Apologies for that. 

Can you add some more details to the question?

Thanks,

Dennis

Check out our Community Developer Blog
where we feature our Community driven developer podcast and how to content
0 Upvotes
MWynne

Hello Dennis,

Thank you for reaching out. I apologise for the late reply.

I think I can rephrase the question better. Can you let me know if these details are still unclear?

Can we use OAuth to sign Hubspot users into our 3rd party website when they do not have the "App Marketplace Access" permission in their Hubspot account?

Currently, we have a Hubspot app with an id and secret and use these to open the Hubspot login from our website. It returns the code back to our website once the Hubspot user has successfully logged in, and that code is used to generate access and refresh tokens. Unfortunately, the user requires the "App Marketplace Access" permission regardless of if the app has already been installed on the Hubspot account.

Thank you,

Morgan W.

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
Community Manager

Ah, I see what you are doing.  The App Marketplace Access scope for a user is specific to installing an app that is listed in the marketplace

From the KB:

App Marketplace Access: toggle the switch on to grant the user the ability to install apps from the HubSpot Marketplace. Users without this permission will be able to install apps from third party websites as well as calendar integrations, email integrations, HubSpot Ads integrations, and LinkedIn Sales Navigator.

So if your app is not listed in the marketplace, I would think you would be ok. 

Thanks,

Dennis

Check out our Community Developer Blog
where we feature our Community driven developer podcast and how to content
0 Upvotes