APIs & Integrations

lunargravity

Attachment URL not publicly accessible (403 Forbidden)

Hi,

I'm using the Hubspot API to get the attachments that are linked to a contact. First, I'm getting all associated engagements and after that iIm getting the attachment via this endpoint.

Everything works fine, I get all the info of the attachment including url, ... Although, when I want to visit (any) url, it shows the message '403 Forbidden'. Is there any way to visit this url publicly and use it to show on my website? 

I see that there's also a parameter 'hidden' which is set to true. Is there any way to set to false?

Best wishes,

Joeri

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @lunargravity, your question looks a lot like this one from the old forums: https://integrate.hubspot.com/t/access-denied-while-accessing-deal-attachments/6073.

The case is the same today: Files uploaded as attachments to CRM objects are not accessible publicly (in the file manager, or via the API) they're only accessible in app from the object in question. 

I do see your use case, though, and would recommend you post it in our Ideas Forum so that others can vote on it and get it some visibility to our product team!

0 Upvotes
markkofman
Top Contributor

Any chance you can comment on why is that? Why can't customer access their own data (attachments in this case)  over the API?  Are there plans to update that?

0 Upvotes
cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @markkofman , I'm not sure why. I can reach out and ask about that. As we revamp our endpoints moving forward I'm sure that will be on the radar

0 Upvotes