APIs & Integrations

DashD

Attaching File to Contact Record using API

Is there a way to attach files directl to a Contact record using the HubSpot APIs? Something that achieves the same outcome as attaching a file using the left hand pane in the Contac view page (as per attached image). 

Note, I have already explored the Files API (https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/files/files), however that just adds files to the Marketing File Manager (https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/cms/features/file-manager), which is not the same as what I am looking for.Screenshot 2021-06-16 at 06.47.28.png

3 Replies 3
DashD

Hi @natsumimori, thanks for the pointer.

The suggested resolution can serve as a workaround, however it does not fully meet the requirement. This is mainly because the file will get uploaded to the (Marketing) File Manager and will therefore be subject to the limits of 5 for Free and 1000 for Starter editions. Moreover the File Manager appears to be designed to support the use case where a document needs to be shared with multiple customers e.g. user guides, product information, etc, whereas my requirement is to attach one or more documents that are unique and specific to a customer.

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

ah I see, thank you for sharing further details @DashD .

hmm I don't think it's possible with the current HubSpot features, however, I think it would be a good product feedback. Could you share this feedback in the Ideas ForumThis is a platform for communicating feature requests to our Product Team and it also allows other users to vote on and comment on the idea. As a result, it helps the team better prioritize features that are having the greatest impact on our users.

If you create an idea post, please share it in this thread as well so that other Community members can easily find it to view!

natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @DashD , thank you for your post!

I think this thread explains how to achieve what you'd like to achieve: How can I upload file to a ticket using API

Could you take a look?