Association Triggered Workflows

nikan
Participant | Elite Partner

I'm currently using a property on a custom object to handle associations for the object. It is a comma-separated list of object id's that the custom object instance is associated with. Removing or adding an id  to the list will result in the association or dis-association of the instance and the object associated with the id. 

It works great but is uni-directional. I'm looking for a way to populate that property value when a user creates / removes an association using HS's UI, so that the list updates automatically and the relationship between the property and the object instance's associations is biderectional. I don't see a workflow that is triggered by associations. Is there an alternative event that is triggered by associations that I could tap into?

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
dennisedson
Community Manager

Hello @nikan 

This is a great question.

@Mike_Eastwood , I feel like  this is up your alley!

Thanks,

Dennis

Check out our Community Developer Blog
where we feature our Community driven developer podcast and how to content
0 Upvotes
Mike_Eastwood
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

Hi @nikan 

The docs are limited (but should improve over time).

The old docs have the CRM Associations API which doesn't mention Custom Objects.

There's a sneaky mention on this page if you search for "New Association Definition".

But, I don't know if it will work.

Have fun

Mike

nikan
Participant | Elite Partner

Hey @Mike_Eastwood ,

I'm already able to successfully associate the custom objects with other objects (custom objects included). My question is regarding how I can trigger a webhook to my web app when an object is associated / disassociated with another. Is there an event or something that I can tap into to capture that action and send a webhook with the object id's?

0 Upvotes
Mike_Eastwood
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

Hi @nikan 

Assuming your code is Associating, or Disassociating, a Custom Object you can easily add a timeline event from your code.

We're about to do that with one of our integrations to make the events visible on the timeline – great improvement to User Experience.

Have fun

Mike