APIs & Integrations

shichkoandrei

Apps CRM cards. Add to request HMAC token authentication to access to the data.

Hi everyone. 

I have applicaition witch use the crm cards functionality. I need to add to a request the HMAC token authentication to access to my data when the HubSpot make a request to my site because I have ClouldFlare protection. For example:

verify=1484063787-9JQB8vP1z0yc5DEBnH6JGWM3mBmvIeMrnnxFi3WtJLE%3D

shichkoandrei_0-1673447818194.png

How I  can do it in this?

shichkoandrei_1-1673447868473.png

6 Replies 6
abiblu
Contributor

Hi @Jaycee_Lewis ,

Any update on this? We've reached out to HubSpot support but they keep pointing us back to this forum in which we're getting nowhere.

We just need one of the HubSpot engineers to confirm if what we're trying to do is possible and if yes, how?

If it's not possible, we will move on to other options.

0 Upvotes
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @shichkoandrei 👋 Thanks for reaching out! Thank you for the interesting question. Hey, @nikodev @CMcKay @JBeatty, do you have any experience here? 

Thank you very much for taking a look! — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes
abiblu
Contributor

Hi @Jaycee_Lewis ,

It's like banging my head against a brick wall in this forum.... where to from here? Support say use the forum and the forum users say.... well, nothing. No one replies on here, not even you, the community manager.

Could you please set up a meeting between our developer and one of the HubSpot engineers/devs so we can get these questions answered and move on?

0 Upvotes
abiblu
Contributor

Hi @Jaycee_Lewis ,

Are you still the Developer Community Manager? If not, could you tag the person who has taken your role so we can get moving on a resolution to this thread?

0 Upvotes
abiblu
Contributor

Hi @Jaycee_Lewis ,

Would you be able to escalate this post internally to someone who could give us a definitive answer?

It's been two weeks waiting for replies here on the forum and we're getting nowhere.

Let me know.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
abiblu
Contributor

Thanks, @Jaycee_Lewis  for reaching out to other team members that may be able to help us with this. I hope @nikodev @CMcKay @JBeatty  may be able to offer a solution.

@shichkoandrei is our developer and I asked him to make this post because he initially told me:

> I can not add the HMAC token in the request from HubSpot, it does not allow modification of a request before sending.

We secure our site with our Cloudflare and need to open access in the firewall for data to flow to our custom HubSpot CRM cards.

As a temporary workaround, we've opened access to the API URLs but this opens access for anyone and isn't secure.

Adding a HMAC token would be the best solution, otherwise, we could look at allowlisting HubSpot IP addresses if you have a list available.

Let us know.

0 Upvotes