APIs & Integrations

jamjud34
Miembro

Append to a contact property?

resolver

I would like to append to a contact’s property vs overwriting it. How can this be done? I’d rather not make a separate api call to get the contact’s current property value only to turn around and make another api call to update it with data I compose locally. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thank you

1 Soluciones aceptada
Derek_Gervais
Solución
Exmiembro de HubSpot
Exmiembro de HubSpot

resolver

Hi @jamjud34,

It’s not currently possible to append a value or option to a property on a contact record. We do keep a record of any previous values, and those historical values can be used in lists and workflows, but if you need to append and keep the current values, you’d need to pull the existing value, append your new value, then update the contact with the full updated list of values.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
10 Respuestas 10
JPatel4
Colaborador | Partner nivel Platinum
Colaborador | Partner nivel Platinum

resolver

@Derek_Gervais @samlucas 

Do we have an update for this in 2022?

tommitchell
Colaborador

resolver

I'd like to know this as well please.

samlucas
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

resolver

Hey @Msyvrais ,
  Sorry about the delay in this, I never got an alert on your first reply back.  At this time, we don't have a way to set this up for a form submission by default, this will overwrite any previous property values.  Derek mentioned before a known workaround for this, utilizing the property history to gain access to the current values, add in the new values and then update the contact with the full list of values.

0 Me gusta
Msyvrais
Asesor destacado

resolver

Still looking for a solution to solve this issue..

samlucas

resolver

Hey All!

Samantha here from HubSpot support.  When you are making the API call to append more values to a property, in order to not have to retype everything you would want the value section to start with a

;

and then the next desired value.

example:

;chocolate

I hope this helps!

Msyvrais
Asesor destacado

resolver

Hi @samlucas  how would this work in the scenario i posted above when someone submits a new form - how can i ensure that it appends that property and not completely replace?

Msyvrais
Asesor destacado

resolver

This is absoloutly a huge issue for us!  we have many products and product lines and when a customer submits a new form it overrides the data that is there and pushes the current to the history which is not searchable when building lists and makes it very hard for targeted marketing!

Being able to select if we want to append the property OR update the property in a workfow for example would be fantastic!  I know I have seen apend somewhere I dont recall where though.

Derek_Gervais
Solución
Exmiembro de HubSpot
Exmiembro de HubSpot

resolver

Hi @jamjud34,

It’s not currently possible to append a value or option to a property on a contact record. We do keep a record of any previous values, and those historical values can be used in lists and workflows, but if you need to append and keep the current values, you’d need to pull the existing value, append your new value, then update the contact with the full updated list of values.

0 Me gusta
NDiCello
Participante

resolver

What about with Operations Hub? How can you append a value with ops hub

0 Me gusta
AShaikh8
Miembro

resolver

Can you please let me know how do i pull the existing values and append new values in curl and php.

0 Me gusta