APIs & Integrations

kavkomdev

App for CRM with custom javascrip

Is there possibility to build an app for CRM with custom javasctipt, connection to remote API of 3d part system and to have it avaialble on marketplace?

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
PBurdzel
Participant

Is there an option and an endpoint in the api to be able to send a notification to the hubspot. Then display them to the customer? in this box? I need a function that will display a notification to a client from an external api. 
Maybe some expert like @MichaelC 

PBurdzel_0-1623838998168.png

0 Upvotes
MichaelC
Guide | Partner
Guide | Partner

Idea posted - please upvote

Timeline of objects update in real time 

Need further help with integrations or business development?

Want to help me?

Go to the following links and read through the ideas. If you like them - give the idea an upvote

Upvote the following ideas:

MichaelC
Guide | Partner
Guide | Partner

@PBurdzel 

1. No its not possible to refresh the page of HubSpot objects based on the information that is being sent to your custom made card. If you want the timeline to be shown updated you will need to manually refresh the timeline. 

@dennisedson Can you throw out a question to the product team of the CRM system. I want to know if its possible to have the timeline of HubSpot object to update in real time (similar to React updates) so that we would not need to refresh the object manually (make a server request) to update the record timeline. I just want to get a status if this is in the pipeline or if we should set up an idea in the ideas board. 

2. @PBurdzel This is possible - but not in the way you discribe it. 

This is called webhooks and can be found in the workflows. You will need to be a Sales Professional customer to access the Workflows and there by Webhooks. 

In the workflow you set up a system of rules to trigger the call. Then the webhook will send a signal to your system (without any data) informing your system that you can go and check the hubspot system for updates. 

More info about webhooks and API here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/How-to-implement-Webhooks-in-HubSpot-and-how-do-t...

Want to help me?

Go to the following links and read through the ideas. If you like them - give the idea an upvote

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@MichaelC ,

This is not on in planning and team advises to add to ideas board

(link back here and I will upvote)

0 Upvotes
PBurdzel
Participant

Thank you for your response. I have a few more questions.
1. Is it possible to refresh the Activity tab automatically when we add a button that retrieves data from an external api? Currently, data is being added to the hubspot, but to see it I must refresh the page.
2. Is it possible for hubspot to send my custom authorization token with every external request? This token would be created when connecting the hubspot application to mine. Currently sending the request to hubspot I am sending Authorization Token. But can hubspot also send a token the other way around? Example when I open the tab of a specific contact I get from hubspot

Maybe some expert like @Bryantworks  @MichaelC @RMones 

Thanks a lot. 

0 Upvotes
MichaelC
Guide | Partner
Guide | Partner

Hey 👋

To have your app visible and shown as an interface as a port of the HubSpot portal (with react) is not possible.

You can either have it on your own website (your own URL) and it communicates with HubSpot via API

OR

You can use cards as Dennis spoke about. Cards are the small boxes to the right of the contact, deal, company (all objects) record. In that way HubSpot will keep a strucutred user interface and design so that it looks like HubSpot but its really reflecting data from your application.

MichaelC_0-1622201053049.png

Want to help me?

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @kavkomdev 

Are you thinking about a CRM card?  If so, yep 😀

0 Upvotes
PBurdzel
Participant

Hello 

Let me explain more in detail : 

We want to build javascript  (react)  application, that will be available inside Hubspot, this application will be connected to API of Kavkom system, via websocket and simple REST API.
We plan to post this app on hubspot marketplace .

Maybe some expert like @Bryantworks  @MichaelC @RMones 

Thanks a lot a lot 

0 Upvotes