APIs & Integrations

mahaDev

Any way to create custom reference field in contact?

Hi Team,

I saw the document for field types of custom fields in hubspot ref: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/property-field-types-in-hubspot. Here Hubspot User is custom owner reference field . I want to know if any way to add reference field like company in hubspot contact .? Or custom owner reference field only available in hubspot?  

6 Replies 6
ppk
Participant

In our business, we need to be able to associate contacts and a relationship. This is exactly what we need as well. I want to create a custom field that can reference another contact - preferably by email address. This is really important to represent any kind of relationship network.

0 Upvotes
ZSilverzweig
Participant

I have the same issue. I have a Contacts in a Company. I'd like to use Company data in emails sent through Workflows (e.g., we have a Custom Field that is assigned to the Company, but I want to share this with all the Contacts). I don't see a way to do this. I had hoped to use the reference between the objects in the Workflow but that doesn't seem possible. I had also hoped to be able to add a custom field on the Contact to reference a custom field of their associated Company, but no dice there as well.

cbarley10
Contributor

Hey @mahaDev , I'm not sure I understand your question, but yes you should be able to create a custom hubspot user field. I dont know of your use case, but you can create a new property by going to your property settings and creating a property with the type of "HubSpot user". Hope this helps.

mahaDev

Any other property similar to hubspot user like hubspot company ?  

I saw  husbpot user only in create property settings . I am asking this question , just for confirmation .Unable to add Hubspot Company in custom field ?

0 Upvotes
cbarley10
Contributor

No, not as of now unfortunately. You'd need to use a text field for that purpose.

0 Upvotes
TAlfrink
Participant

Any updates on this? Is it on the roadmap? We switched to hubspot assuming this would be possible...

0 Upvotes