APIs & Integrations

MiaPV
Colaborador líder

Any way to automatically remove noindex pages from sitemap?

resolver

Not only are my noindex pages showing up in our sitemap, but they keep showing up every time our site is reindexed by google.  I am not a developer but there has to be a solution for this, otherwise other people would be running into the same issue?

Thanks in advance!

Mia

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
Phil_Vallender
Solución
Miembro estimable | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

Hi @MiaPV 

Have you reviewed these instructions for editing your site map and adding/removing pages: View and edit your HubSpot-hosted domain sitemap 

Hopefully they help?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

5 Respuestas 5
DHermreck
Participante | Partner nivel Elite
Participante | Partner nivel Elite

resolver

Unfortunately I also have this issue. The only way to remove certain pages is to manually find them and remove them... but dynamically created pages don't seem to have this option... they'll just get added to the sitemap and stay there regardless. This seems like an important feature that Hubspot should be looking into moving forward, website bloat is a real thing and removing pages would be increadibly helpful. 

Phil_Vallender
Solución

resolver

Hi @MiaPV 

Have you reviewed these instructions for editing your site map and adding/removing pages: View and edit your HubSpot-hosted domain sitemap 

Hopefully they help?

MiaPV
Colaborador líder

resolver

Thanks for following up @Phil_Vallender! It doesn't look like the google removal feature is what we're looking for either. For more background, we have a bunch of pages that are behind a cookied password (not using the HS password feature) and they are all noindex (not the only instance but the largest instance, 300+ pages). But to make it so we don't get dinged by google, I also need to take these pages and others like it out of our sitemap, just having noindex in the head html isn't enough. This is where I'm running into the issue. Something happens, I don't know if it's us resubmitting our site to google or what, but these pages I've already taken out of the sitemap reappear.  I hope that provides a little more clarity.

Thanks again!

Mia

p.s. updated this because we solved the other issue I had with the sitemap and pages I thought had been unpublished and archived but had only been redirected (DOH!)

MiaPV
Colaborador líder

resolver

Thanks Phil but it's not helpful for our problem, unfortunately.

0 Me gusta
Phil_Vallender

resolver

Hi @MiaPV 

Apolgoies, I should have also suggested that you use Google's removeal tool to remove your unwanted pages from their index: Removals Tool 

As with all things Google, this can take time to have an effect, if it works at all. 

If this doesn't sovle your issue, perhaps you could share some more detailed informaiton? 

Thanks, Phil.