APIs & Integrations

PowerMyAnalytic
Top Contributor

Analytics API "proper permissions"

When trying to use Analytics API,

Our client - HubID 4253393

got this errors:

"Insufficient scopes, requires one of: [cms-analytics-api-access,traffic-analytics-api-access,web-analytics-api-access]" when asking for sources berakdown.

Or

"This oauth-token (access_token) does not have proper permissions! (requires all of [cms-analytics-api-access])" when asking for landing pages breakdown.

The access token contains the scope "business-intelligence"

and this API should be open for Any Marketing or CRM account.

Please explain why he is bloked.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @PowerMyAnalytic,

When looking at what's the required scope for Analytics API, do note that there are specific data that would require more than just Marketing free or CRM account. As stated in this documentation - Initiate an integration with OAuth 2.0:

Note: Access to specific data will depend on the subscription that the HubSpot account has. See the Analytics API overview for more details.

Depending on the API that your team is calling, some of which requires Marketing Hub Professional, or Enterprise, or HubSpot CMS. 

In this case, do you mind sharing with me what's the analytics data that your team is looking to access? If it's e.g. get analytics data for form, I'd expect having 'HubSpot Free CRM' account would work. 

0 Upvotes
PowerMyAnalytic
Top Contributor

OK, but after oauth2 the token have the scope "business-intelligence",

So I still have no idea which reports he can run...

How can I fetch the user plan?

Owners API don't have this data.

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @PowerMyAnalytic,

Currently, it is not possible to get user's subscription plan via HubSpot API. 

That said, the user can locate their HubSpot product subscription information by following through this documentation - Find your subscription and service limits.

0 Upvotes