APIs & Integrations

Anonymous
Not applicable

All contact touchpoints for customer journey through API

SOLVE

Hi,

we are curerntly trying to obtain all touchpoints of a contact that are visible within Hubspot through the API (either through one or multiple endpoints, only reading data, not updating or adding). We have already integrated all paged engagement data & all associated contact properties (https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/engagements/get-all-engagements), but this is not giving us the complete picture of a contact's interactions.

Ideally, we would want to export every single event incl. timestamp that is visible within the "activities" tab for a specific contact to evaluate their customer journey and compare contacts' journeys with each other, starting from the first interaction until deal creation. 

Having looked through the community forum & tested multiple endpoints, we are currently stuck. Could you give an outline of which API endpoint(s) would need to be queried to achieve this if it is currently possible?  

Looking forward to hearing from you!

2 Accepted solutions
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, there.

At this time, it is not possible to retrieve all events which appear in a contact's Activity timeline via the API in the form you are seeking.

You can pull most information and events through the following endpoints, however:

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @PseudoQuasi.

Thanks for reaching out. I do have an update on this topic!

In short, we're working to more consistently expose default timeline events via API.

At this time, you can use the Events API for Web Analytics to retrieve page view (e_visited_page) and form submission (e_submitted_form) event types.

While these are the only two event types currently available, the team plans to add many more over time. I recommend subscribing to the platform changelog to be notified of relevant updates!

In the meantime, the methods I describe above are still viable.

Isaac Takushi

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, there.

At this time, it is not possible to retrieve all events which appear in a contact's Activity timeline via the API in the form you are seeking.

You can pull most information and events through the following endpoints, however:

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
PseudoQuasi
Participant

SOLVE

Hello Isaac,

Is there maybe an update on this topic? Or are there still no plans that HubSpot will provide this information via API?

Cheers,

Michael

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @PseudoQuasi.

Thanks for reaching out. I do have an update on this topic!

In short, we're working to more consistently expose default timeline events via API.

At this time, you can use the Events API for Web Analytics to retrieve page view (e_visited_page) and form submission (e_submitted_form) event types.

While these are the only two event types currently available, the team plans to add many more over time. I recommend subscribing to the platform changelog to be notified of relevant updates!

In the meantime, the methods I describe above are still viable.

Isaac Takushi

finchi123
Participant

SOLVE

Has this been updated?

Thanks,

Tom

0 Upvotes
Holger_Z
Contributor

SOLVE

Please prioritize exporting marketing email events with timestamp via the API. That would be a milestone in reporting capabilities of HubSpot.

Thanks

Holger