APIs & Integrations

brianjlowry
トップ投稿者

All API calls to return engagements are returning 0 records for one client

解決

Hi,

The title is the issue. We've added the sales-email-read permission to the app, as well, it seems that it just doesn't want to return engagements at all. We aren't receiving any errors either. We've tried to get recently modified engagements and to get all engagements, and it's always zero results (though they've sent plenty of emails in their portal).

*Update: this is happening to only one client. It works for other clients.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
WendyGoh
解決策
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

解決

Hey @brianjlowry,

Ahh! I believe I'll be able to shed some lights here.

The list that you created pulls contact that has marketing email send. When looking to get marketing email events, you would need to use the Email Events API Overview | Email Events API

The engagements API only support the following engagement types: note, email, task, meeting, call. In the case of email, it is referring to sales email and not marketing email. 

Sales emails are also known as one to one email and you can learn more here: Send and reply to one-to-one emails. Additionally, here's an article on Understanding the Difference Between a Connected Inbox and a Marketing Email Send.

Hope this helps to further clarify things and do let me know if there's any further questions on this. 

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 いいね!
7件の返信
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

解決

Hey @brianjlowry,

Edit and updated: 

I understand that you filed a support ticket and I was able to learned from the ticket that this issue is on portal 501xxxx, am I right?

If so, I'd love to share with you my findings:

Presently, it looks like portal 501xxxx doesn't have any engagements. I was able to confirm this by creating a list - hstest (which you can locate under 'Contacts' > 'Lists'with filter such as activity type is known.

Based on the list, I noticed that there were no contact being pulled into the list. This indicates that there isn't any contact who has engagement associated with it. Additionally, there's no companies/deals/tickets records. Hence, I'm inclined to believe that the reason why your team are not seeing any engagements being returned on portal 501xxxx when using the get all engagements endpoint is because there's no engagements. 

Next, to verify if in the case where there really is an engagement on portal 501xxxx, would it get return when we call the get all engagements endpoint:

I created a test contact (wendy testin your portal and associate a note engagement on it > I'm able to see that my contact is being pulled into the hstest list that I created and when I call the get all engagements endpoint again --> I'm able to see the note engagement being returned.

That said, I understand that you mentioned there's contacts who has sales email engagement associated with it. In this case, could you share with me a couple of these contact examples? 

brianjlowry
トップ投稿者

解決

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for your help!

1. 501XXXX
  2. 43XXX

I did open a support ticket as well, through their portal; it should have the actual GET request + likely outdated Bearer token.

I appreciate it.

0 いいね!
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

解決

Hey @brianjlowry,

I have updated my first response.

Please do let me know your thoughts on that!

brianjlowry
トップ投稿者

解決

Thanks for looking into this!

I jumped on their portal and added another list using "'Last marketing email send date' is known" as criteria, and there are 3,630 contacts that received an email. Additionally, the timestamp we used was 11/1/2019 (in UTC) - technically, the last hours of October.

The list is titled "HSSupport" - if you click around you can find contacts with email history on their timelines.

I appreciate you - thanks.

0 いいね!
WendyGoh
解決策
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

解決

Hey @brianjlowry,

Ahh! I believe I'll be able to shed some lights here.

The list that you created pulls contact that has marketing email send. When looking to get marketing email events, you would need to use the Email Events API Overview | Email Events API

The engagements API only support the following engagement types: note, email, task, meeting, call. In the case of email, it is referring to sales email and not marketing email. 

Sales emails are also known as one to one email and you can learn more here: Send and reply to one-to-one emails. Additionally, here's an article on Understanding the Difference Between a Connected Inbox and a Marketing Email Send.

Hope this helps to further clarify things and do let me know if there's any further questions on this. 

0 いいね!
brianjlowry
トップ投稿者

解決

Thanks - so that I'm clear on this issue - what API call do we need to specifically use to pull those email events from marketing; forgive my ignorance - we've never seen this before.

0 いいね!
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

解決

Hey @brianjlowry,

Apologise for not pointing out the specific endpoint. 

You can use the Get email events | Email Events API to pull those marketing email events.

0 いいね!