APIs & Integrations

alanbrown
Participant

Address autocomplete using Places API

I'm using an embedded HubSpot form on my site. I'd like to improve it so that users can fill in the address field and it automatically populates the city, zip, country, etc... using the Google Places API.

I've found some related threads here, but nothing that offers up a clear solution for this use case (an embedded form). Can anyone who had accompished this perhaps share the code they have used? I've been deep into this tutorial from Google but seem to be lacking some understanding around passing the returned information back into the form.

Thank you!

8 Replies 8
jkeough78
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

Hi @alanbrown,  @jannaignatow, and @apmul 

This idea was submitted here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Autocomplete-adress-form-fields-with-Google-maps/idi-...

Please upvote it so HubSpot will hopefully get this done for us 🙂 

jannaignatow
Participant

Hi I'm trying to do the same thing myself. Did you ever get more specific instructions on how to accomplish this, and what might be the issues I'll run into when I implement? Thanks

0 Upvotes
alanbrown
Participant

Sorry, never got a clear answer. I had to table this task for the time.

0 Upvotes
apmul
Participant

Hi - I am dealing with this right now as well. Have you had any success?

0 Upvotes
jannaignatow
Participant

Not yet, no resources at this time

0 Upvotes
jannaignatow
Participant

I'm back to really hoping to tackle this at some point in 2020. Any luck getting this to work?

0 Upvotes
jannaignatow
Participant

thanks for the reply! bummer but totally understandable. I'm going to see if I can get the work done with some limited time I have available in Q2 with a vendor with these skills. If I'm successful I'll let you know.

Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hey @alanbrown ,

I'm not particularly familiar with the Google Places API, so I'm not sure I'll be any help there. That said, I can give you some resources that might make the HubSpot side of things a bit easier!

Check out the following two docs for details on Global Form Events & Customizing the Form Embed code for details on how to trigger code based on specific form lifecycle events. Finally, check this article on Manipulating forms with jQuery for some tips on making changes to your HubSpot form fields.

0 Upvotes