APIs & Integrations

SMirgadirova
Participant

Adding new scopes to a listed integration

SOLVE

Hello Hubspot Community, 

I have a question regarding the flow when a listed app updates its scopes to add new functionality. From a users' perspective I would assume they would need to reinstall the app to grant their permissions to the new scopes. My question is whether the users get notified by Hubspot automatically about the changed scopes and get redirected to to an oauth permissions screen directly (from a notification or an email) or do the app developers need to contact the customers directly to inform them of the change and get them to reinstall. If Hubspot notifies the users I am curious in what form it happens. 

Thank you for your help in advance,
Suada Mirgadirova

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
himanshurauthan
Solution
Thought Leader | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hello @SMirgadirova,

So the users will not get notified by HubSpot automatically about the changed scopes. The app providers will have to update their users about the changes in the app and the required action to take.

If the newly added scopes are optional then users don't need to do anything and everything will work as previously. But for the required scope users will need to do a re-authorization and grant access to newly added scopes. 

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
himanshurauthan
Solution

SOLVE

Hello @SMirgadirova,

So the users will not get notified by HubSpot automatically about the changed scopes. The app providers will have to update their users about the changes in the app and the required action to take.

If the newly added scopes are optional then users don't need to do anything and everything will work as previously. But for the required scope users will need to do a re-authorization and grant access to newly added scopes. 

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology
0 Upvotes
SMirgadirova
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for your response. It is very helpful. 
Regards, 
Suada

LeeBartelme
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

I don't know for sure for apps, but for other marketplace downloads I get an email about an update. In HubSpot you can also see downloads with updates available with a summary of the update. From there I can choose to install the updated version.

I'd assume apps would be the same and would at that point, ask for increased scopes and update the package at that point.

Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi, @SMirgadirova 👋 Thanks for reaching out! Hey, @LMeert @himanshurauthan, can you share any insights with @SMirgadirov?

Thank you for taking a look! — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes