APIs & Integrations

WS06
Participant

Add subscribers to marketing events with email-upsert

SOLVE

Hey all,

I have been trying to add subscribers (with the sub_state "register") to some marketing events with no success.  The only response I get is a HTTP 202 but the events still have a 0 Registered count. The App can add the marketing events just fine (on a dev test account). The contacts do already exist on the account itself, I manually added one for testing. I'm just trying to subscribe them to marketing events. (All requests are with OAuth)

Could the issue be that I am using a test account for this and there is a restriction somewhere not letting the subscribers be registered to events?

Also I have not set a "eventDetailsUrl" to the App settings, as the request for that returns a "message":"internal error" (I am using the dev hapikey for it). But is this needed when registering a subscriber to an already existing event? I know this is for the api call that adds events in case they are not found, but they are already definitely there.

I also wanted to clarify what the "interactionDateTime" format is, it's a timestamp right? Would this be current time when initially registering the subscriber to the event?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
REskander
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

I have resolved my issue of receiving a HTTP 202 but no register occuring by ensuring the "interactionDateTime" is an epoch time including milliseconds, not just seconds. Depending on your language you can find out how to retrieve this here. https://currentmillis.com/ 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
REskander
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

I have resolved my issue of receiving a HTTP 202 but no register occuring by ensuring the "interactionDateTime" is an epoch time including milliseconds, not just seconds. Depending on your language you can find out how to retrieve this here. https://currentmillis.com/ 

WS06
Participant

SOLVE

That fixed it, thank you! I was sending the timestamp only up to seconds. Great find!

Note: I noticed that sending the same email again will count as individual registrations and the registrations counter goes up, in case anyone expects it to check that the email isn't already registered to the event.

0 Upvotes
REskander
Participant

SOLVE

Same issue here

0 Upvotes
MNgo
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hello, same issue here, please advise 😞

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@Teun 👋

Have you messed around with marketing events yet?  If so, any chance you could lend a hand here?

0 Upvotes