APIs & Integrations

Richard_Wein

Add Google Places autocomplete to standard address field

SOLVE

Hello. I would like to add Google Places autocomplete to Hubspot address fields. From searching the forum, I understand that this can be done for address fields in custom forms and CMS web pages (eg https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/Custom-Javascript-to-add-Google-Places-Autocomple...).

I don't suppose there's any way to do this for address fields in native (built-in) Hubspot pages, is there?

1 Accepted solution
jackcoldrick
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Richard_Wein,

Apologies I misunderstood your question. Whilst it would be possible to incorporate some autocomplete/suggestive search logic into a Hubspot form it would not be possible to do this within the UI of HubSpot itself. 

Regards,

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Solutions Engineer @ HubSpot
Add me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
Mireille
Participant

SOLVE

Hi, although I appreciate this is a very old post, some people might still come across it and find this useful. You can add Loqate's address autocomplete on HubSpot forms and here's a handy guide to show you how to: https://www.loqate.com/resources/support/setup-guides/hubspot/

YTopor
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Richard,

I'm curious if you found a solution on how to add Google Places autocomplete to a HubSpot form. I understand that this is only possible with some custom coding but still not clear on where this coding should take place. Is this possible on the embed form code or do we need to build a new form from scratch to acomplish this?

I would appreciate any help if you researched this further.

Thanks,

Yulya

0 Upvotes
jackcoldrick
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Richard_Wein,

I haven't specifically worked with Google Places but I have implemented autocompletion on HubSpot forms pulling data from an external data source (see here). Something like this would be possible using our native HubSpot forms (example 2 in the link I shared) however you would need to modify the embed code as per this documentation: 

If you are hoping to implement this on a HubSpot hosted page it's possible to utilize the form embed code by adding a rich text module and adding it when in source code view. Or alternatively you can use a custom module.

I hope this helps,

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Add me on LinkedIn
aj_ni

SOLVE

Hey just a note that the link example provided here is no longer loading

0 Upvotes
Richard_Wein

SOLVE

Hi @jackcoldrick 

Thanks very much for your reply.

Perhaps I should say before going any further that I'm far from an expert with HubSpot or web development. (I've done a little WordPress development.) So this is probably too advanced for me.

That said, I'm confused. Your example 2 seems to be a custom form (in Hubspot). I wanted to know whether it's possible to add an autocomplete feature to fields in standard Hubspot pages, such as the page for editing Contact properties. I wouldn't be able to embed code in such a page, would I?

Perhaps an alternative would be to create a custom form for editing Contact properties.

jackcoldrick
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Richard_Wein,

Apologies I misunderstood your question. Whilst it would be possible to incorporate some autocomplete/suggestive search logic into a Hubspot form it would not be possible to do this within the UI of HubSpot itself. 

Regards,

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Add me on LinkedIn
0 Upvotes