APIs & Integrations

cbouckae
Participant | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Active list for company timeline event

Hi experts,

I created a custom timeline event type on the company level.  Then I created a time line event for a company that is associated to a contact via the API.  All looks good.

When I try to create an active list, the time line event property I created on company level is available as a selection criterion.  

However, when using this as a selection criterion, no related contacts are shown.

You may say 'selection on company time line events are not supported'.  However, in that case, the time line event should not be a selection option in the active list setup, right?

Any idea's how I can get this active list creation to work with company timeline events?

Thanks!

Carl

0 Votes
4 Réponses
lscanlan
Ancien salarié HubSpot
Ancien salarié HubSpot

Hi Carl,

Thanks for bringing this up. I think you're right that this isn't working how we'd expect. I've been doing some testing on this. After I create an event on a contact record timeline, I'm able to create an active list based on the event property, and it pulls in contacts as expected. For example if I pass in a value to my event of 42 to a numeric type property, and then filter my list by contacts where that event property has a value greater than 0, it pulls in my contact as expected.

Or if I filter my list by company properties, it pulls in contact records associated with the companies that meet the filter criteria.

But when I try to filter my active list based on a company event type property, it's not pulling in contact records associated with that company record. I can do some more testing, but I don't think it's specific to any property type (like numeric vs. string); it seems like it's just not finding the associated contact records.

I'll bring this up with the team and get back to you here. Let me know if you have any questions about it in the meantime or if you've done any other testing around different property types to get it working.

- Leland

Leland Scanlan

HubSpot Developer Support
0 Votes
cbouckae

Hi, thanks for looking into this.

When do you expect an answer?

We would like to make a design decision, and your feedback depends on that....

Best regards,

Carl

0 Votes
lscanlan
Ancien salarié HubSpot
Ancien salarié HubSpot

Hi Carl,

So we have an issue filed with our Engineering team. I'd expect that we'll have more for you early next week. I think right now the question comes down to which event timeline filters are in fact allowed. As soon as I hear back in that issue, I'll update the thread here.

- Leland

Leland Scanlan

0 Votes
lscanlan
Ancien salarié HubSpot
Ancien salarié HubSpot

Hi Carl,

We heard back in our issue today. We don't support list filtering for non-contact type events (companies, deals). We've decided to remove the option from the list filtering in the UI. Thanks again for your feedback on this. And let me know if you have any questions.

- Leland

Leland Scanlan

0 Votes