APIs & Integrations

rob7
Contributor

Account Access to Marketing Emails API

Should an account with Marketing Enterprise be able to connect to the Marketing Emails API? We're having an issue connecting an account via OAuth, and are getting a 403 error and the following message whenever trying to access their data:

This oauth-token (CJyBg-btLRIChAEYgsBqIPiA2AMoppUMMhkAeAfUHoUFhIssy3B5WZxS1yhSN3_R-BVZOg4AQEBBAAAAADwABABggEIZAHgH1B6Y4UcjRq2jRqbBhQopZo3Qt3rcRQ) does not have proper permissions! (requires any of [content-core-api-access])

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @rob7,

The account type that can have access to the content scope is either Marketing Professional or Enterprise and you can learn more here <Initiate an Integration with Oauth 2.0>.

Based on what you've shared, since the HubSpot portal is a Marketing Enterprise, I would expect it to have access to the Marketing Email API, my best guess here is that the developer app didn't request for the 'content' scopes:

content.png

Could you check this and see if it works?

rob7
Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply! We have 'business-intelligence' and 'oauth' set up as Scopes, and additionally supply 'content', 'contacts' and 'reports' as optional scopes via the 'optional_scope' param. We do this because we allow users without access to content and contacts to see their traffic analytics, and setting these scopes up as required will not allow this type of user to log in.

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @rob7,

Thank you for clarifying!

When digging further into this, based on the OAuth token that you provided, I'm not seeing the `content` scope as part of the authorized scopes. 

Could your team attempt to initate the integration with OAuth again and set the optional_scope=content? Let me know if this works!

0 Upvotes
rob7
Contributor

Hi @WendyGoh ,

When I removed 'content' from the optional_scope and added it to scope (also added it via the auth permissions app settings). I am getting the following window when attempting to connect:

Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 10.19.45 AM.png

Please note, the integration will connect fine when we try with another client (portal ID 4103660) who has 'Marketing Pro' and 'Sales Professional' enabled. 

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @rob7,

Looking at the error message and referencing this documentation - Resolve a 'Request for Integration Permissions' error, I believe it's because the HubSpot user who is attempting to connect the integration (which I believe is you?), doesn't have the user roles or permissions required to authorize the required scopes (in this case, content) requested by the integration.

Digging into this, are you looking to install this app on portal 1744898? If so, when looking at your user permission under the Users & Teams Settings > Under the 'Marketing' tab > I noticed that you do not have all the access enable and some of the access are read only. I believe this may be the reason why you're seeing the error.

To resolve this error, I'd suggest for you to be a Super Admin so that you have every role/permission the integration may require. 

Hope this helps to shed some lights!

0 Upvotes