APIs & Integrations

DieselDudes

Accidentally linked to shopify and need to revert my shopify customers

I linked my shopify to my hubspot and then in that process I selected the option for Hubspot to be able to change my customer information and didn't realize it until it was already too late. I was told there may be a way to revert my shopify customer information through apis from hubspot but I can't see any reasources for that.

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
HMir

Accidentally linked to shopify and need to revert my shopify customers

@DieselDudes wrote:

I linked my shopify to my hubspot and then in that process I selected the option for Hubspot to be able to change my customer information and didn't realize it until it was already too late. I was told there may be a way to revert my shopify customer information through apis from hubspot but I can't see any reasources for that.

Identify the changes by comparing current customer data in Shopify with any available backups or previous records. Export the current customer data from Shopify for reference and backup. Next, retrieve historical customer data from HubSpot using the HubSpot Contacts API, which can provide access to previous versions of your customer information. Prepare the original customer data in a CSV file or dataset that matches Shopify's import format. Finally, use the Shopify API to update and revert the customer information back to its original state, ensuring that all customer records are accurate and reflect the correct information prior to the accidental changes. This approach helps restore your customer data systematically and minimizes potential data discrepancies.

0 Upvotes