APIs & Integrations

stollz2
Participant

Access property usage information via API

SOLVE

Hi there,

when using the Hubspot user interface and show details of a contact property, I can see, how many contacts have a value with this property and in how many and which forms the property is used. Do I get this information with some API?

It would be wonderful if there is a solution.

best regards

Andreas

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
aguth
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Andreas,

I'm not sure it is a good option for you (or getting the required info via the API is also important) but if you create an export of all the properties (Settings > Properties > Export all properties) will provide you with an excel where in Usages column you can check if the property is in use in Forms, Lists, Scoring rules, surveys, chatbots etc.) With that you can create a shortlist of deletion candidates and as a second step check if and how many contacts have a value for these.

There might be a bottleneck here, that use as personalization token doesn't seem to be included - at least I don't find it in my export that I created for similar purpose than what you described. 

Hope this helps, anyways.

Cheers,

Anett

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
kaburke
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @stollz2 !  We have the Filter, sort and search CRM objects endpoint here

Have you tried using this endpoint?

0 Upvotes
stollz2
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @kaburke ,

thanks a lot for your reply. I am afraid, my description of our problem was not exact enaugh. We dont need the details of  a property for a given contact, but we need the usage of a property. 

Use case: provide a list of all properties not used by any contact and not used by a workflow or form, so I can savlely delete this property.

Cheers

Andreas

0 Upvotes
aguth
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Andreas,

I'm not sure it is a good option for you (or getting the required info via the API is also important) but if you create an export of all the properties (Settings > Properties > Export all properties) will provide you with an excel where in Usages column you can check if the property is in use in Forms, Lists, Scoring rules, surveys, chatbots etc.) With that you can create a shortlist of deletion candidates and as a second step check if and how many contacts have a value for these.

There might be a bottleneck here, that use as personalization token doesn't seem to be included - at least I don't find it in my export that I created for similar purpose than what you described. 

Hope this helps, anyways.

Cheers,

Anett

kaburke
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Thanks @aguth 😁 It's important to note the tools that this won't include, as outlined in this article:

• Snippets
  • Sales templates
  • Marketing emails
  • Landing pages/Website Pages
  • Templates
  • Playbooks 
  • Reports
  • Surveys
  • Sequences
kaburke
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @stollz2 !  At present this is not possible however I have submitted an idea post here that I would ask you give an upvote to.  I have also submitted feedback to the product team on this feature.

0 Upvotes