APIs & Integrations

rahulkg

About importing chat csv files to hubspot

Hi,

I need to import csv files to hubspot, these files contain chats we downloaded from another chat plugin we used previously. so can we import this to hubspot

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @rahulkg,

Currently, it is not possible to import chats conversations into HubSpot. 

However, as per this forum thread: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/How-to-import-conversation-histories-and-add-attach-them-to/td-..., where my colleague Relabidin mentioned that:

If you have development resources though, you can use our Engagements API to add notes, calls, tasks, and activities to the contact timeline. If this is not a possibility then I recommend working with a CRM integration provider like Bedrock Data or Scribe who can help you migrate all your CRM data into HubSpot, including timeline events.
0 Upvotes
rahulkg

We have more than 1000 csv files needed to import to hubspot. and seen a documetation here https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/files/post_files  in python (can it be used for importing csv files). but where do I get the hapikey as mentioned there? also we need it in php do I need only api key , folder path, and file to import this, could you please show a php script ?

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @rahulkg,

You can upload file using this endpoint - Upload a new file | COS Files API into your HubSpot file manager. However, you wouldn't be able to import past chat conversation into HubSpot.

If your team is looking to upload files into your HubSpot file manager, it is definitely possible using this endpoint Upload a new file | COS Files API.

You can find your API key here: Access your HubSpot API key and refer to this documentation PHP Image/File Upload Tutorial and Example [FormData and Angular 7 Front-End] | Techiediaries on how to POST a multipart/form-data using PHP script.

0 Upvotes