APIs & Integrations

CdcTek
Miembro

Ability to display or push a service ticket to an agent via API

resolver

After reviewing the API related to ticket creation and updates we did not see a method to cause a ticket to be shown or displayed to an agent via the API.  E.g. From a server process we are interested in generating tickets based on triggers (phone system, system conditions, etc) and would like to "pus" or "display" the ticket to a specific user.  Is there a way to accomplish this via the API?

Thanks.

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
WendyGoh
Solución
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi @CdcTek,

Thank you for the clarification.

Currently, forcing the ticket to display on the agent screen is not possible in HubSpot. If you haven't already, I'd recommend jumping over to the HubSpot Ideas Forum and posting this idea there so that it's visible to the HubSpot product team and other HubSpot customers and developers.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
4 Respuestas 4
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi @CdcTek,

I hope all is well with you 😄

By pushing or displaying the ticket to a specfic user do you mean setting the ticket owner to a particular user? 

If that's the case, you can do so by adding the hubspot_owner_id property in the post body of the Create a ticket endpoint. Example:

[
  {
    "name": "subject",
    "value": "This is an example ticket"
  },
  {
    "name": "content",
    "value": "Here are the details of the ticket."
  },
  {
    "name": "hs_pipeline",
    "value": "0"
  },
  {
    "name": "hs_pipeline_stage",
    "value": "1"
  },
  {
    "name": "hubspot_owner_id",
    "value": "{{internal value of the user}}"
}
]

You can get the user internal value by going to: Settings > Properties > Ticket > Search for 'Ticket owner' > The second column will show the Internal Value.

I hope this helps to clarify and do let me know if there's any further questions on this!

0 Me gusta
CdcTek
Miembro

resolver

By pushing or displaying I mean if I create a ticket from another process (an on-premise server) for an agent how can I force the ticket to display to the agent in hubspot?

E.g. Agent answers call on their hard phone.  A server in customer's premise environment uses api to create ticket, set owner to the agent answering call, and then forces the ticket to be displayed to the agent (screen-pop).  The part we did not see an API for is the ability to tell hubspot to open/display the created ticket to the agent in their browser session.

Thanks.

0 Me gusta
WendyGoh
Solución
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi @CdcTek,

Thank you for the clarification.

Currently, forcing the ticket to display on the agent screen is not possible in HubSpot. If you haven't already, I'd recommend jumping over to the HubSpot Ideas Forum and posting this idea there so that it's visible to the HubSpot product team and other HubSpot customers and developers.

0 Me gusta
CdcTek
Miembro

resolver

Thank you for your help.  Greatly appreciated.

0 Me gusta