APIs & Integrations

prashanttyagi
Participant

API v3 crm object schema with access token

Hi,

I want to access crm-object-schema APIs (https://app.hubspot.com/developer-docs/api?spec=v1/apis/crm/v3/schemas) with Oauth2 instead of hapi key. Because hapi key would be different for each customer and they would have to provide it to the integrators manually.

I want some scope set for crm-object-schema api so that it can be accessed from auth token. Right now when I am using auth token it gives me This app hasn't been granted all required scopes to make this call. Read more about required scopes here: https://developers.hubspot.com/scopes

However in API it's written as scopes required None. That's too weird. Please suggest

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
hstrowd

Are there any updates on this functionality/feature request? We have a process for automating the set up of our HubSpot accounts that uses the OAuth workflow but are now encountering this issue as we try to extend that to include the configuration of custom object schemas that support our businesses workflows. Any insight or feedback that could be provided would be greatly appreciated.

0 Upvotes
acurtwright
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi,

Our product team has restricted access to the Object Schemas API to HAPI requests, but I'm going to investigate internally to see if there have been any recent updates or context I can provide around this limitation. I'll reach back out shortly!

0 Upvotes
prashanttyagi
Participant

Thanks @acurtwright , Looking forward for your reply after your investigation. 

0 Upvotes
acurtwright
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Thanks for your patience. I touched base with the team and confirmed we've purposefully restricted this API to API authentication for the time being. With that said, we do appreciate your feedback. Your use case is on our radar and the team is currently having discussions about how best to support users like you. I don't have any additional detail for the time being, but any updates to our APIs will be published to our Developer Changelog. 

0 Upvotes
JSolis2

Is this still the case? I am having issues with this and I am concerned, soon the use of ApiKeys will be deleted on november and i am still need to achieve this with a private app and an access token. 

rscherer
Participant

I can confirm it is still the case, and we are concerned as well. @acurtwright is there an update on the topic?

0 Upvotes
Mr_Magoo

Does somebody know if is there any change on this? 

thanks in advance

0 Upvotes