APIs & Integrations

daongochoanganh

API v3 Properties History Available?

SOLVE

Hi,

I want to check if we are going to have option to fetch the Deals & Contacts properties history in API v3 now or in the near future? Or we still have to use the option propertiesWithHistory in v1?

Thanks

1 Accepted solution
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @daongochoanganh  and @stevepage,

At the moment the v3 endpoint do not return historical property values.

While there isn't a specific ETA in plan, the team is aware of this common pain point.

For now,  I'd recommend you to continue using the v1 endpoint if that functionality is crucial for your team.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14
arth
Contributor

SOLVE

Same question here. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
TMorrissey
Participant

SOLVE

Just another user following up on this. Is there a parameter in the HubSpot API client library that can handle property history? Looking for both contacts and deals. Thanks!

donkeykong

SOLVE

@WendyGoh @dennisedson Do you have an update on this by chance, is it possible yet to pull property history via the v3 API?

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@donkeykong ,

Not yet.  You should continue to use the v1 endpoint.

siempeters
Participant

SOLVE

Still looking forward a lot for this feature! @WendyGoh is there any update on this? 

hiramshirata
Participant

SOLVE

How about the other fields in the property details, like sourceid and source? They are still unavailable in the api v3?

0 Upvotes
jmcclendon

SOLVE

Following up on this post - any update on if API version 3 will have properties with history? Specifically surrounding the property 'dealstage'. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@jmcclendon , this appears to still be an open issue with this endpoint.  I have not seen a timeline attached to it, yet.

0 Upvotes
stevepage

SOLVE

Same question!  When is v3 expected to support propertiesWithHistory, or are there any other ways to get the history of a property?

WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @daongochoanganh  and @stevepage,

At the moment the v3 endpoint do not return historical property values.

While there isn't a specific ETA in plan, the team is aware of this common pain point.

For now,  I'd recommend you to continue using the v1 endpoint if that functionality is crucial for your team.

HubSpot_Corey
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi all, 

For those that still stumble across this forum. This is also now available with the V3 integrations, you can find the HubSpot Developer Doc here.  I've also quickly outlined the request below:

GET

/crm/v3/objects/companies/{companyId}

Parameter

Description

propertiesWithHistory

A comma separated list of the current and historical properties to be returned in the response. If the requested company doesn't have a value for a property, it will not appear in the response.

HubSpot Footer.png

0 Upvotes
chris_p_lukes
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Just putting another plug in for the value of this functionality.

@WendyGoh Is there a possibility the v1 endpoints would be sunsetted before v3 supports this?

@daongochoanganh I've used some of the v1 endpoints that support property history, but just to be clear, doesn't the Contacts API use propertyMode=value_and_history (applied to all included properties) not propertiesWithHistory=specific_property1&propertiesWithHistory=specific_property2?

Haven't used the v1 Deals API as much, but just checking the endpoints I find that some use includePropertyVersions=true (applied to all included properties) while others do use propertiesWithHistory – since these work slightly differently, I'm asking to make sure I'm not missing some options for working with Contacts.  Cheers!

stevepage

SOLVE

Thanks for the quick reply!

0 Upvotes
daongochoanganh

SOLVE

Thanks Wendy & well noted.

0 Upvotes