APIs & Integrations

untersky

API upload

I have two hubspot accounts...  One real account....  another account that got set up by accident when I moved to a Chrome browser..

I have 400 engangements in the bad HS account.

I have used an API key to downloaded the 400 "engagement".

How do I go about using the API key from the real HS account to upload these records?

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

API upload

Hi @untersky,

I hope all is well with you 😄

It looks like you have chatted and called into HubSpot support about this issue and I'd just like to add that if you're looking to create engagements that was retrieve from another portal, you can do so by using the Create an Engagement | Engagements API.

One important thing to note is that the associations id example:

"associations": {
        "contactIds": [2],
        "companyIds": [ ],
        "dealIds": [ ],
        "ownerIds": [ ]
    }

This part where the contact id is 2, it'll be unique to each portal. Simply put, if you've a contact with email address test@test.com in portal 123, the contact id may be 456 however in portal 987, the contact with the same email address may have a contact id of 000. This means that if you're looking to create engagement to the same contact you would need to associate it with the correct contact id. 

In this case, one way to go about grabbing contact id using email address is what my colleague has suggested which is to use the Get a batch of contacts by email address endpoint: where you can search contact by email addresses and grab their contact ids (can also be known as vid).

Hope this helps to further clarify things! 

0 Upvotes