APIs & Integrations

ajakate

API return duplicated companies

Hello,

We're using segment integration with Hubspot at my current company. Essentially, what it does is twice every day scrapes all of our hubspot data (companies, contacts, emails, campaigns) and replicates them into a copy of the hubspot db in redshift. We query redshift for analytics so we're hoping to incorporate it into our reporting.

One discrepancy we've run into is that there are about 500 more company records in redshift than in hubspot (with 11k total in hubspot). Looking at the records, it seems like they are records that we have deduped (resolved into another company with similar name) that no longer appear in hubspot, but still come back via the API.

Is this a bug? Or is there any way to tell whether a company has been deduped? Comparing records in the db there is not a way to tell which one is valid and which one is the duplicate.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
sandhiyadoss
Participant

Hi @WendyGoh 

I have this same issue with contacts.  While fetching data using contact API, I got duplicate records for only one contact record. The rest of the records are getting properly.  Is this a bug? or is there anything we have to do, to solve this.   I have no idea, why I am getting this. 

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @ajakate,

It appears that you have also submitted a support ticket for this issue and I have touchbase with my colleague on this. On our end, we loop through the Get all companies and was able to see that the total return count is 11,517 which matches with the total number of companies in your portal. If you could share over the information that my colleague requested over the ticket with us, it'll definitely be helpful for us to dig into things. 

Let's centralize our communication by continue working on this via the support ticket!

0 Upvotes
michaelhsu2011

Hi Wendy, Just wondering if the ticket is fixed because I am getting duplicated data for companies and contacts.

0 Upvotes