APIs & Integrations

IDCdev

API key requires permission (all of [contacts-read])

Hello, I am trying to make a simple GET request to begin developement on my app and keep getting this error. My boss has told me my account or app has all proper permission so i dont know why or how to correct this error. 

message: 'This hapikey (9***759a-d**2-6**9-a**r-2456**1e8ede) does not have proper permissions! (requires all of [contacts-read])',
correlationId: 'a7ca9062-c221-461f-b363-b928095779b2',
requestId: 'b890fe0a-0a81-4684-a0fc-717f338b0dd7'

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @IDCdev,

Do you mind clarifying what's the endpoint that you're using to GET the request?

Based on the hapikey you shared, it looks like it's a developer hapikey and not a HubSpot portal hapikey as such it doesn't have the contacts-read scope since the developer portal is mean for managing apps and test accounts. It doesn't have a normal portal feature such as storing contacts.

0 Upvotes
sasikumar
Participant

HubSpot_Community_-_Re__API_key_requires_permission__all_of__contacts-read___-_HubSpot_Community.png

0 Upvotes
sasikumar
Participant

HubSpot_Community_-_Re__API_key_requires_permission__all_of__contacts-read___-_HubSpot_Community.png

i tryed this code i was getting the same error what should i do ?

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @sasikumar,

Note: While I have redacted your hapikey key, I'd highly recommend you to regenereate your hapikey key since it has been surfaced on the public forum for days. Moving forward, please avoid sharing your API key on the public forums. Thank you!

In this case, could you share with me the portal ID in question? Also are you attempting to create contact via the v3 contacts endpoint - CRM API | Contacts

0 Upvotes
AMarkowitz

Hi @WendyGoh I'm seeing the same errors in our logs: 

```

{'status': 'error', 'message': 'This oauth-token (pat-na1-de985d79-bbf4-42c5-887e-6e2ace57aaf5) does not have proper permissions! (requires all of [contacts-read])',...

```

Which scope do I need to add to our API Key to enable this?

0 Upvotes