APIs & Integrations

KarolinaMech

API integration

Hi,

We are working to create an integration between HubSpot and LiveWebinar.

Have already created developer account however it will be only valid till April.

If we use API key connected with this account and it will be closed does that mean that API will be also invalid? 

Thanks for your help in advance.

Kind regards,

Karolina

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
Willson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

API integration

Hi @KarolinaMech 

If the Developer Portal expires, the API Key you use to authenticate any requests you're carrying out on your Portal will be invalid. 

Instead, we recommend using Developer Portals to test out functionality and build out processes before changing the authentication to work with a live portal. Either this, or you can develop an App via your Developer Portal that will allow you to install this as an integration that will provide you with the means of authenticating via OAuth instead of using a HAPIKey. Here's some resources that may help:

I hope this helps!

Product Manager @ HubSpot
0 Upvotes
KarolinaMech

API integration

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your reply:)

We got this message show while doing integration:

local.ERROR: Client error: `POST https://api.hubapi.com/oauth/v1/token` resulted in a `400 Bad Request` response:
{"status":"MISMATCH_CLIENT_ID_AUTH_CODE","message":"auth code not issued to this client","correlationId":"0253668b-34be- (truncated...)

Can you please advise what we are doing wrong?

Kind Regards,

Karolina

0 Upvotes
Willson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

API integration

Hi @KarolinaMech 

Would you be able to direct message me with the App ID you're using to initiate you're OAuth handshake for the Access & Refresh tokens? 

0 Upvotes
KarolinaMech

API integration

Screenshot 2020-01-31 at 09.58.47.png

0 Upvotes
Willson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

API integration

Hi @KarolinaMech 

Thanks for this! I've gone ahead and taken a look at the app configuration and can see that you have not set a redirect_uri. 

This means that when we attempt to integrate, we receive the following error:

The follow parameter is missing and is needed to continue with the integration process:
- redirect_uri

I recommend you follow the steps outlined here in our documentation to setup your app and begin the OAuth process: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/oauth2/oauth2-quickstart

I hope this helps!

0 Upvotes
KarolinaMech

API integration

Hi @Willson !

We have got a testing sub-account on the developer account (see the screenshot).

Screenshot 2020-02-12 at 10.49.40.png

choosing this account we get an access code and resfresh tokens according tothe documentation: 
https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/oauth2/get-access-and-refresh-tokens

Next we get the following error:

{
"status": "MISMATCH_CLIENT_ID_AUTH_CODE",
"message": "auth code not issued to this client",
"correlationId": "e5ed219c-7231-428d-a0c0-7be8609b8818",
"requestId": "e74b906db3d913b07d6320aa99415246"
}

Is there any way to test api for the particular sub-account on the developer account?

Now we need to set up a new account to check if api is working correctly and there is only 90 days free. We need a permanent access to the developer account in the case of any issues arising. Any advise please?

Kind Regards,

0 Upvotes
Willson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

API integration

Hi @KarolinaMech 

I can confirm that you are able to test these sub-accounts or rather Test Portals out when integrating Apps from your Developer Portal. 

It appears as though this may have been encountered as you attempted to use the incorrect details for the portal you were testing. 

Would you be able to re-attempt the integration process again for your Test Portal ensuring the Client ID and Secret you're using for your integration match the correct App you're attempting to integrate. 

0 Upvotes