APIs & Integrations

Não aplicável

API error message when trying to connect Thrive Themes and HubSpot

Just setting up a webpage and want to integrate the forms available with HubSpot.
When selecting HubSpot I am asked for the API key. Generated the API key in Hubspot but when entered I get the error message
"The connection didn't work.
Error message: Could not connect to HubSpot using the provided key (API call error: Forbidden)"

Any suggestions on how to get this working?

Thanks,
-TA

9 Respostas 9
Derek_Gervais
Alunos da HubSpot
Alunos da HubSpot

Hi @EveryDayGentleman and @Jeswin_James,

Do both of you have Marketing/CRM Free portals? That error message explicitly mentions the contacts-lists-access permission, which only exists for Marketing Basic, Professional, and Enterprise portals with access to the Lists tool. If the Thrive integration is making requests to the Contact Lists API with a hapikey from a portal without access to the Lists tool, this error will occur.

If the Thrive integration requires access to the Contact Lists API, then Marketing/CRM Free portals will not be able to take advantage of the full functionality. I'd recommend reaching back out to Thrive for more information on the current handling of these errors and whether or not the integrations can provide functionality for Free portals.

0 Avaliação positiva
Es3
Membro

Did anybody get a solution for this problem? 

0 Avaliação positiva
Não aplicável

Hi, I am also getting the same error. Contacting ThriveThemes provided with the below:

"Our developers investigated this issue and we follow HubSpot docs in order
to connect to their API. However seems that any request made to hubspot API
returns this response: https://www.screencast.com/t/nf9Y249HNckS

This is a direct link to their API which contains a valid API key as a
parameter.
Can you please contact Hubspot and ask for any possible reasons for which
this error may occur, since this seems that is not related to our products."

Can Hubspot team take a look on this ?

0 Avaliação positiva
EveryDayGentlem
Membro

Greetings Derek,

I am using the extremely popular Thrive Themes and I am getting the same issue as the previous developers. I can provide log-in credentials and I am willing to reach out to Thrive Themes and Hubspot to resolve the issue. It's important to note I have a Free Account Sales/Marketing Hubspot account.

To Replicate the Error:
Log Into Wordpress Admin Account-> Thrive Dashboard -> API Connections -> Add New Connections -> Hubspot -> API Key -> The connection didn't work. Error message: Could not connect to HubSpot using the provided key (API call error: Forbidden)

It seems like all the requests are having issues:
{"status":"error","message":"This hapikey (REDACTED) does not have proper permissions! (requires all of [contacts-lists-access])","correlationId":"3d36cf02-2702-45d3-90f4-a381c9d0a060","requestId":"23fb7fbae6b3217b70342f7345b56d11"}

Has Hubspot somehow denied Thrive Themes permissions?

Happy to help on connecting the two parties.

0 Avaliação positiva
Derek_Gervais
Alunos da HubSpot
Alunos da HubSpot

Hi @akacarlos,

To start, you can just direct message me a link to your portal and the Thrive Themes page where you're starting this installation.

0 Avaliação positiva
Derek_Gervais
Alunos da HubSpot
Alunos da HubSpot

Hi @Laetitia_de,

I never heard back from ToreAndreas, but I'll need the same troubleshooting info from you to move forward. Can you send me a link to your portal and the Thrive Themes page where you're entering your API key?

0 Avaliação positiva
akacarlos
Membro

Hi, I'm getting the exact same issue.

Thrive Leads is a popular WordPress plug-in for lead generation. As such the form where this error occurs is behind a login. I'm happy to give you access but how can this be done privately?

What other information can I give you?

0 Avaliação positiva
Laetitia_de
Membro

I have the same problem Derek_Gervais, could you help me ?
"The connection didn't work.
Error message: Could not connect to HubSpot using the provided key (API call error: Forbidden) "

0 Avaliação positiva
Derek_Gervais
Alunos da HubSpot
Alunos da HubSpot

Hi @ToreAndreas,

I'm not particularly familiar with Thrive Themes, but it sounds like your portal doesn't have access to the tools that Thrice requires. Can you send me a link to your portal, as well as the Thrive Themes page where you're entering your API key?

0 Avaliação positiva