APIs & Integrations

glim005

API call to get companies with a specific property value

Is theres a way to make an API call that returns companies that have a specifc property value. For example, I want only companies that have "California" as the value for the "state" property.

Or is the only way to get this filter to first make an API call to return all companies and then save the ones that I need.

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

API call to get companies with a specific property value

Hi @glim005,

I hope all is well with you Smiley Happy 

Presently, it is not possible to retrieve companies record based on specific property value. We are only able to search companies by domain name - Search for companies by domain and so you're right! The best way here is to first make an API call to return all companies and filter based of that.

Additionally, I'd recommend for you to check out this forum thread: Can we filter the companies using a custom property where @IsaacTakushi elaborated about the best approach here.

Moving forward, if you'd like, please jump over to this similar idea posted on our HubSpot idea forum here: Search contacts, companies and deals by custom properties to give it an upvote and comment. I can honestly see a use case for this request and I've also given it an upvote. Hopefully this will gather more interest!

Hope this helps to clarify!